Status
Not open for further replies.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have also syncing problems and I just don't know why.:(

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Ok. I looked at this tutorial about port forwarding posted in the beginning of this thread. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583
I just don't understand what he is doing and I cannot find the things he discribes. I'm using windows 7. This is really making me confused.

How is your computer connected to the internet?

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As mentioned in the original post, there is another problem with the DGIV. When you have the DGIV and another player crashes his DGIV and it breaks up into pieces... Not so good. :tiphat:

OMP works indeed well with creating vessels on the fly. If you don't have the vessel localy, it uses the default mesh. (DG in this case).

If you don't have a vessel installed that another client is using the person running the server is in control as to what the vessel is going to appear as. For example if you don't have the DGIV, the server can map that vessel class to the Deltaglider vessel class.

As far as I know OMP doesn't yet support automatic dynamic vessel creation. If you want to create a vessel locally, you have to add it to OMP's index with %list and %add. Otherwise it would only exist locally. So if the DGIV crashes, unless you add each debris piece to the index manually the other clients won't see a thing. The fact that the DGIV might replace itself with another vessel, THAT is troublesome.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Err... no... you are almost certainly not connected via LAN to the Internet. You are probably connected via LAN to a modem or router, though. This thing would be what blocks UDP packets coming from the Internet.

If you don't know how to setup a portforwarding - or don't have access to it - and if the "Standard" method is not working for you, then you are simply out of luck. Sorry, but there is nothing the server hoster can do in this case. You'll have to wait for tunnel support...

regards,
Face

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
So if the DGIV crashes, unless you add each debris piece to the index manually the other clients won't see a thing. The fact that the DGIV might replace itself with another vessel, THAT is troublesome.

There are two points where the problem might occur. Either by the remote DGIV deleting itself, or by the local one deleting itself. This would need further testing.

Juanelm

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have also syncing problems and I just don't know why.:(

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Ok. I looked at this tutorial about port forwarding posted in the beginning of this thread. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/223583
I just don't understand what he is doing and I cannot find the things he discribes. I'm using windows 7. This is really making me confused.

Try this page.
http://portforward.com/

1)Follow those instructions to open any port (say... port 2502) using UDP protocol
2)You can check if you successfully opened the port using: http://www.portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
3)On OMP under Network hit custom, put your IP ( http://www.whatismyip.com/), and in the next box enter the port you opened (2502)

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
If you don't know how to setup a portforwarding - or don't have access to it - and if the "Standard" method is not working for you, then you are simply out of luck. Sorry, but there is nothing the server hoster can do in this case. You'll have to wait for tunnel support...

What do you mean with standart method?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Try this page.
http://portforward.com/

1)Follow those instructions to open any port (say... port 2502) using UDP protocol
2)You can check if you successfully opened the port using: http://www.portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
3)On OMP under Network hit custom, put your IP ( http://www.whatismyip.com/), and in the next box enter the port you opened (2502)

I will give it a try.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What do you mean with standart method?

In the network tab, there are several possible selections in the client section:

1. Standard. This uses a STUN technique to circumvent NAT problems. It will not always work, though.
  2. Server-LAN. This is only suitable for clients within the same LAN as the server, e.g. hoster's clients.
  3. Custom. Here you can define the IP address and UDP port where the server (and other clients) should send the information to. Of course you have to provide this channel for yourself, i.e. have to ensure that UDP packets to this port and IP will really reach your client machine on this port aka port-forwarding.
regards,
Face

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
In the network tab, there are several possible selections in the client section:

1. Standard. This uses a STUN technique to circumvent NAT problems. It will not always work, though.
  2. Server-LAN. This is only suitable for clients within the same LAN as the server, e.g. hoster's clients.
  3. Custom. Here you can define the IP address and UDP port where the server (and other clients) should send the information to. Of course you have to provide this channel for yourself, i.e. have to ensure that UDP packets to this port and IP will really reach your client machine on this port aka port-forwarding.
regards,
Face

Ah yes. I tried these. But Standart and custome arent't working.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Ah yes. I tried these. But Standart and custome arent't working.

Then your router is not compatible with the STUN method. You need to manually configure the port forward within your router firmware.
The necessary steps should be detailed in its manual.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Hey. Thanks for all your replies. I think I know now where the problem is. My router is blogging the all these ports and I will activate a port in my router. Didn't know that the problem was in my router.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Ok.
I have activated the port 1515 UDP in my router. And deactivated my computer firewall but still not syncronozing. I checked the port with the port check program and it says my port is open...but not working.

Fizyk

Reaction score
Website
ebvalaim.net
1515 is a TCP port that the server uses, you need to forward that only if you want to host a server. It should work though if you specify 1515 as the port in the "Custom" option.

And make sure you forwarded UDP, not TCP.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Check the standard option in OMP and open incoming UDP port 2502 in your router and set it to forward incoming packets on that port to your PC.
On your PC you have to allow OMP to accept incoming connections on UDP port 2502 (This should be trivial and is already done in most cases by allowing OMP to connect to the server).

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
1515 is a TCP port that the server uses, you need to forward that only if you want to host a server. It should work though if you specify 1515 as the port in the "Custom" option.

And make sure you forwarded UDP, not TCP.

Doesn't work when I change custom to 1515.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Check the standard option in OMP and open incoming UDP port 2502 in your router and set it to forward incoming packets on that port to your PC.
On your PC you have to allow OMP to accept incoming connections on UDP port 2502 (This should be trivial and is already done in most cases by allowing OMP to connect to the server).

I checked standard and opend the UDP port 2502 on my router. But doesn't work. Also I thought if I choose standard it would use port 1515 not 2502.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I checked standard and opend the UDP port 2502 on my router. But doesn't work. Also I thought if I choose standard it would use port 1515 not 2502.

If you choose standard it is using whatever port you are sending from. This is a well known STUN technique.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Did you properly define in the router that packets for these ports are delivered to your PC?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Ok. So if I open UDP port 2502 and set custom to 2502 it should work.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Did you properly define in the router that packets for these ports are delivered to your PC?

Yes. In the to computer tap I choosed my computer.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

That works unless you encounter any unknown bugs.

Ok. Which IP must I enter in the custom tap. The one of my computer ir router?

Status
Not open for further replies.