Project Orb::Connect Web Edition

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A quick question (forgive me for not testing this or the original Orb::Connect), is it possible to use this to send keypresses to vessels?

This will be added in the next release which is expected in a few days.

I quickly tried it yesterday, only with Dansteph's DGIV.

So it would mean that DGIV ignores our calls to VESSEL::SetAttitudeMode.

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In response to the request made by blixel in the video, here is a version with tabs and larger buttons.

picture.php

Attachments

• tabbed.zip
    307.4 KB · Views: 17

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
In response to the request made by blixel in the video, here is a version with tabs and larger buttons.

picture.php

Nice! This is perfect. I assumed it would be possible to make "sub pages" like this. Awesome!

Quick question. My HTML know-how is rather limited. (Rather - it's about 18 years outdated.) What is the easiest way to change the size of the buttons? I want to have the buttons from each tab large enough to fill the whole screen. So when I press the Spacecraft tab, it looks like this:

2014-01-28_15-41-39_zpsfba41f41.jpg~original

This is just to give more surface area to touch.

Thanks!

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean increasing vertical button size, because horizontal size is dependent on the number of buttons in the row.

Method 1 -- increase font size -- change the bolded line:

Code:
table { 
	table-layout: fixed; 
	border: 3px solid white;
	[b]font-size: 45px;[/b]
	width: 100%;
}

Method 2 -- set the height manually -- add the bolded line:

Code:
td {
	font-weight: bold;
	text-align: center;
	background-color: #9b9b8c;
	color: #00000;
	border: 4px solid black;
	word-wrap: break-word; 
	[b]height: 200px;[/b]
}

I recommend reading this to understand how the size is actually calculated: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_boxmodel.asp and http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_table.asp

Last edited:

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah i just tried it, works fine on my iphone, had to disable my firewall thou.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I might still have Yagni's email around somewhere, I'll drop him a line and point him toward this thread.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New version!

New version (rev. 19) is out, please see top post. The new file is OrbConnect-rev19.zip. I'll keep the previous file (OrbConnect-2.1-web.zip) for a while for the purposes of regression testing.

Please test this and post feedback. In particular, please tell me if you are seeing hangs/crashes when you use RCS control, and does disabling OrbiterSound solve the problem.

A quick question (forgive me for not testing this or the original Orb::Connect), is it possible to use this to send keypresses to vessels?

The feature is now implemented (thanks to vdrorb), please see www/example.html.

A little thing to request: virtual numpad on the window, so I can manually control the craft from there. The autopilots are sometimes much too sluggish for really big vessels.

RCS and engine control is now implemented. If the craft moves too slow/too fast, try adjusting rcsLevel and rcsPulse (www/index.html, line 83-84). It seems to be quite usable -- I have managed to dock with ISS using just the tablet during final approach.

The JavaScript code currently forces you to switch to a correct RCS mode (ROT/LIN) before firing thrusters, but this is added artificially, with Orb::Connect you can actually have both translation and rotation at the same.

Last edited:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
New version (rev. 19) is out.

First I just want to say - Great Update! Love the new features. And having a tabbed interface by default is great.

Please test this and post feedback.

Something I noticed before and didn't mention was that the MET Timer is not actually the MET time. The timer you are showing is how long the sim has been running. (The sim time in the upper right.)

On the Translation tab, it should be possible to switch RCS mode to translation instead of having to switch to the Thrust tab, and then back to Translation.

Same idea on the Airlock tab, you should be able to turn on/off the APU from there.

In particular, please tell me if you are seeing hangs/crashes when you use RCS control

None.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Success in running a map using real time coordinates from Orbiter!

orbiter_map.jpg

I may try to use Google Earth API as a graphic engine, but I'll certainly run into trouble trying to run it locally.
But if it works, OrbConnect will work in reverse:
Orbiter is used to run the 2D panel, the web browser does the rendering!

Lot's of potential.. really unlimited!

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As no major bugs have been reported and original devs are still missing, I have decided to post the release to OrbitHangar. It is currently waiting for approval.

To distinguish from the original Orb::Connect-2.1, the project is now called Orb::Connect::Web, and the version numbering scheme is going to be 3.XX.

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks Kamaz for this outstanding idea! :tiphat:

Now... is it insane to think of a multiplayer mission control center?

I imagine a live transmission of a mission (for example the OLM missions of FOI on Livestream.com) and a series of users like us, connected with skype or teamspeak or whatever with a series of mission control screens all connected to the computer with the simulation running... is it this crazy to imagine?

Think of Space Shuttle Ultra or AMSO mission with all of us connected... and a Go no go for every launch...

I just tried this with a friend of mine... I was flying over the atlantic and he was telling me on the phone altitude, speed, pitch, yaw, everything, without neither having orbiter installed on his pc!

So actually if we can easily store datas from test flights and see them during the actual flight we can find out if anything is going wrong or not...

What do you think guys? Kamaz may have opened a door for a second level of orbiter?

:cheers:

blond_knight

Reaction score
I just downloaded OrbConnect-3.17 and theres no orbconnect.dll module.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just downloaded OrbConnect-3.17 and theres no orbconnect.dll module.

Oops, sorry for that. Please re-download!

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6435"]Orb::Connect::Web 3.19[/ame]

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Now... is it insane to think of a multiplayer mission control center?

You have all the needed technology I believe. You may also find the Master/Slave renderer interesting -- i.e. one person is flying on the master computer, someone else is doing the webcast from the slave.

Think of Space Shuttle Ultra or AMSO mission with all of us connected... and a Go no go for every launch...

I haven't used AMSO. There may be a problem with SSU, because it has some state variables which are not available through the standard Orbiter APIs, so Orb::Connect (or Master/Slave) cannot access them... But I don't know how much of a problem that is in practical scenarios. But by all means, please try it :)

I just tried this with a friend of mine... I was flying over the atlantic and he was telling me on the phone altitude, speed, pitch, yaw, everything, without neither having orbiter installed on his pc!

:thumbup:

So actually if we can easily store datas from test flights and see them during the actual flight we can find out if anything is going wrong or not...

That's perfectly doable. If you happen to use LabView, please have a look here: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6437"]Orb::Connect LabView client library[/ame]

Kamaz may have opened a door for a second level of orbiter?

Actually, it was yagni01 and Hielor who did the hard part. I have just put the web interface on top :)

McGalcri

Reaction score
ARgh.... ITS COOL! but... i have no idea about how to create my own panels hahahahahaha :lol:

Anyway... Cool mod and working! but... with the default buttons, my Rotation Translation modes doesnt work... only the others (Kill rot, prograde, retrograde...)

Any tutorial about how to add more buttons to my DeltaGliderIV?

I need a "Tutorial for stupid people" :rofl::rofl:

Also, im looking for something to can have some MFD's in my laptop connected by network. I tested WebMFD, but... LAG! LAGGG !!! LAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG!!! as hell hahaha. Also, it show only Orbit MFD's (up to 4) without buttons...

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ARgh.... ITS COOL! but... i have no idea about how to create my own panels hahahahahaha :lol:

See www/example.html and read any tutorial on HTML/JS :)

Also, im looking for something to can have some MFD's in my laptop connected by network.

VNCMFD. See post #18 for links.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Integrating MFDs to the display

So, it seems that people want to to have MFDs displayed on the tablet together with the panel. Unfortunately, integrating VNCMFD with this add-on is harder than I thought, but, in the mean time, here is a hack-ish solution using WebMFD:

1. Download a fixed version of WebMFD from this post.

2. If you are using a tablet/phone, install Chrome for Android. WebMFD will not work with stock Android browser.

3. Replace www/index.html with the attached one.

4. Activate both OrbConnect and WebMFD in Launchpad, start the sim and enjoy :)

NOTE: In WebMFD, MFD screen size is hardcoded. To change it, you have to recompile the add-on (fortunately, the source is included). To set a new size, change the value of MFD_WIDTH_HEIGHT in line 52 of ServerMFD.h.

picture.php

Attachments

• webmfd-integration.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking then I could get a rasberry Pi connected to a 2nd monitor to display MFD's.

So main screen on main monitor.. Ext MFD's on 2nd monitor and a couple of other MFD's runing on a Rasberry Pi via a web interface....

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes.

...Although I'd rather use [url="http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=411088&postcount=93]VNCMFD[/url] + VNC client on RasPi to display MFDs. WebMFD is very picky about what browser you use, and VNCMFD will work with any VNC client :)