Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
I have redesigned and recompiled Computerex' Orbital Scenery, so that it shouldn't CTD so often. A CTD in the current state has been reported to me only once, but has never happened to me actually.

Addon description:
This is an orbital scenery generation module. It creates and moves objects as vessels, which act as asteroids, with random velocity and rotation. They're configured in a way that gives you a Frontier-like sense of your ship's acceleration.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3338"]Orbital Scenery v. 0.1[/ame]

please read the docs in doc\orbscn.txt

Attachments

• roids.jpg
    roids.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 59

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello Enjo. I am experiencing two problems. Here's how to reproduce them:

Code:
1. Start the DeltagilderDG Mk4 in orbit scenario. No asteroids are generated. 
2. Start DeltagliderDeltaglider Docked at ISS
    a. Wait for the asteroids to generate, then while in the virtual cockpit,   
        look to the left out the window, I am getting a CTD 
    b. Wait for the asteroids to generate, then apply full main engine thrust 
               while still docked to ISS, I get a CTD
    c. Wait for the asteroids to generate, switch to an external camera view, 
        and zoom out, and move the camera around a bit, I get a CTD

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Thanks for your detailed testings.

Ad. 1. She's too low. The asteroids are generated at 250 km for Earth (50 km above ATM). It will be configurable later.

Ad. 2. OK, I'll look into it. Probably changing generation point to camera center will fix the problem

[EDIT]
(Un)fortunately I get no CTDs... It won't help me much, but if you could make a screenshot of the addons that you're using, then maybe we'll know what can't be mixed.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hmmm, this would be nice for the rings of Saturn... if it can be configured for such a manner.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
The current version can't be configured this way, but we could always redesign it, or add few general operation modes, selectable in the orbscn.ini file. Thanks for the idea.

The major problem is stability, even though I don't delete any of the 'roids, but move them to new positions. I got a CTD while I was in final orbit insertion stage while testing Launch MFD. This makes me think that Orbitrader's state restoring will also be causing CTDs, as it means moving vessels. At least they will only be happening (or not) at the beginning of the simulation, because only then we're restoring a state.

[EDIT] I've just done another Launch MFD test without the scenery, and it seems that Launch MFD caused the CTD after all.

Last edited: