Orbiter 2010-P1 released

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Dear Orbinauts!

The first patch for Orbiter 2010 has just been released. The build date for Orbiter 2010-P1 is 100830. The mirror sites are being updated at the moment, but some of them may take until tomorrow before they carry the new installation files.

There are 3 update routes:

• Install from orbiter100830.zip. This is a complete, standalone installation for Orbiter 2010-P1 which can live alongside any existing Orbiter installation.
  • Install from orbiter100830.msi. This is a complete, standalone Windows installer file for Orbiter 2010-P1. It will remove any existing orbiter100606.msi installation
  • Install the patch from orbiter100830-100606.7z. This is a 7z file that will patch an existing Orbiter 2010 (100606) installation to Orbiter 2010-P1 (100830). You need a file extractor that understands the 7z compression format for this (e.g. https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/)
If you have been following the beta development, you should know approximately what to expect. For everyone else, there should be a few surprises in store:

• Support for local light sources to make those night docking tasks a bit easier.
  • Support for celestial background images. The main installation contains two backgrounds at visible and IR ranges. More are available in a separate zip file (csphere100830.zip).
  • Various bug-fixes too numerous to list here (look at patch.txt in your orbiter directory for a full list).
Happy Tuesday!
Martin

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for another awesome Orbiter release! :cheers:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Happy Tuesday is right! :hail: :probe:!

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Before I forget, here is an important note for developers:

If your addon vessel DLL contains a vessel class derived from VESSEL3, you must recompile against the new Orbiter100830 SDK. This is because the VESSEL3 interface has been updated. Addons which contain VESSEL3-derived objects compiled against the 100606 SDK are not compatible with Orbiter 100830. No code changes should be required, only a recompile.

Since VESSEL3 has only been introduced in Orbiter2010, any addons using this new interface are hopefully still in active development, so the inconvenience should be minimal, I hope. The alternative would have been to introduce yet another VESSEL4 class, but I am trying to contain the proliferation of new vessel classes at least during the patch development.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the update. :cheers:

Though this Orbiter was born 100830, but :happybday: Orbiter 2010-P1!!!

I know the most of people don't look at the O-F's Calendar, so here's a link to the event of official release of Orbiter 2010-P1, with a timer.

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Local light sources seems like it'll be a great feature! Thanks for another excellent release!

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Martin !

Downloading right now... :rolleyes:

EDIT :

I am testing it. My MFDs still don't display (see topic MFD don't display) but the multiple lights sources is just awesome. The scenario include for testing the spotlight is perfect. Once again, wonderful job Martin.

Last edited:

Hartmann

Reaction score
Dear Orbinauts!

• Support for celestial background images. The main installation contains two backgrounds at visible and IR ranges. More are available in a separate zip file (csphere100830.zip)
Happy Tuesday!
Martin

It means that the sky now can show the milk way and nebulas ??

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It means that the sky now can show the milk way and nebulas ??

Essentially, yes. There were some images in the screenshot thread about this feature when it was first implemented into a beta version. It's a lovely chunk of eye candy. :D

Hartmann

Reaction score
Essentially, yes. There were some images in the screenshot thread about this feature when it was first implemented into a beta version. It's a lovely chunk of eye candy. :D

In this case it could be used in other star systems and exoplanets :thumbup:

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Martin!!! And thanks for all the hard work you put into Orbiter!
The new local lights feature is incredible. I especially love the exhaust-as-light source.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Not to tout myself out even further, but here's the video I made on the effect a little while back.

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Orbiter just gets more epic each hour and its been going this way for almost a decade.

:cool::salute::thumbup::10sign::banana::love::bartender::cheers::thumbup::)

Robsoie

Reaction score
Many thanks for this fabulous upgrade of this wonderful simulator.

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This is really not helping my Orbiter addiction! :lol:
Thanks Martin.:thumbup: