Orbiter 2016

pappy2

Reaction score
Merci "Doc" et les autres Orbinautes pour ce formidable travail :thumbup: :hailprobe:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm noticing the same behavior with D3D9.

[UPDATE]: I played around with the graphics settings just to make sure 60fps just didn't happen to be what my hardware could produce and 60fps is all I can get.

I would double-check that you don't have vsync forced on in your nvidia control panel settings.

Zach121k

Reaction score
Anyone else run the Atlantis demo and get the shuttle ascending to heaven?

Last edited:

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks Martin for all your work!

Now I guess I've got to relearn how to fly this thing. ;)

Y3g7Hw.jpg

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score

Yes, jumps skywards and then engines fire.....
Paused start screenshot below...

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I opened the "DG-S ready for takeoff" scenario, clicked on Retro Doors Open (on lower right of 2D cockpit) and OrbiterSound4 said "Nose Cone open".

buznee

Reaction score
Martin! Congratulations, thanks so much for the hard work that you put in to this simulation. I was curious is anyone thinking of adding Oculus Rift (Virtual Reality) support to orbiter sim? It would be quite an epic experience to be able to fly a mission with the delta glider in virtual reality. PRETTY PLEASE =)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Quick question.

I haven't found any reference to the new atmospheric wind effects in the documentation. How does it work? Are the wind velocities random? Do they change during the mission?

From my experience the winds don't seem to change with different runs of the same scenario, and they seem to remain as they are during the scenario run (or they change very slowly).

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I would double-check that you don't have vsync forced on in your nvidia control panel settings.

It was set to "allow application to decide" and I turned it to off which did it. Though I'm not sure why nVidia failed to pick up the setting from Orbiter in that case. I'll have to play with it some more.

More general question to the floor: I haven't been following the technical details of the new goodies, so what is the current "bottleneck" in terms of performance? Loading the textures? Or still primarily the CPU, GPU and Memory?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I really love it. Orbiter has come a very long way.

But just one thing, the I key doesn't seem to toggle the info anymore (at least for me)

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
But just one thing, the I key doesn't seem to toggle the info anymore (at least for me)

That was removed intentionally (and pretty early in the beta) AFAIK. You can use the sidebar displays instead.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score

It does it for me, too.

Also, when you start the "Moon through atmosphere" level, the shuttle pops up into the air a few hundred feet and then drops to the ground. The camera also tilts into the ground sharply when this happens.

hutchison66

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
well just set 2016 up and as I feared the most important add on for me, Shuttle Fleet doesn't work so won't be changing over any time soon as its not worth it for a few pretty textures on the ground.. Great Job Martin but if I can't get Shuttle Fleet working my whole Orbiter setup is wasted and will stick to 2010
not angry not your fault, but for now will delete it and leave the package as a zip file

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
Hello, I am back. I just downloaded Orbiter 2016 and I found one (tiny) problem. I noticed that the little train that moves around Brighton beach on the moon and Habana base will not move at all. I accelerate time up to thousands of times of the original simulation time and still the little train lurks behind the barge or silos(?) in both habana and brighton beach. Anyone notice this effect?

I am using Windows xp with the latest stable d3d9 client installed for Orbiter 2016 core package. (I haven't installed the high-res files, maybe next week.)

Thanks for your attention.

Nicholas.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The trains do not work with d3d9 client.

Nicholas Kang

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
News Reporter
Reaction score
The trains do not work with d3d9 client.

How to make the train work then? You see, they shouldn't exist without motion, as if they were ancient artifacts displayed in museums.

Thanks for answering, jroly.

Regards,

Nicholas.