API Question Orbiter as a mathematical model of motion

michel_space

Reaction score
Website
soyuzsimulator.do.am
Hello!
I have a question, I am doing a spaceship simulator and I want to use Orbiter as a mathematical model of motion. To do this, I plan to send a packet to the orbiter via the TCP protocol with a set of initial conditions in the form of a state vector for the J2000 epoch, and it will start the simulation for me and return the spacecraft state vector every 100 ms.

JDat

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a question, I am doing a spaceship simulator and I want to use Orbiter as a mathematical model of motion. To do this, I plan to send a packet to the orbiter via the TCP protocol with a set of initial conditions in the form of a state vector for the J2000 epoch, and it will start the simulation for me and return the spacecraft state vector every 100 ms.

Need to study OrbConnect Web v3.19 addon and it's documentation. Then you can do bot TCP (like telnet) and HTTP (web browser or whatever).
Not shure that orbconnect will support all requred Orbiter API calls, but I managed to add some functions. Soon I will publish on github patched version with additional API calls.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Broadcasting TCP telemetry is definitely possible. NASSP does HBR(51.2kbps) and LBR(1.6kbps) from its LM ans CSM simultaneously, sending a stream of 8-bit words in a time-division multiplexing format that closly matches the spacecraft's prototypical counterparts.

You just need a way to synchronize your frames (sync words in the stream).

JDat

Reaction score
Sorry for offtopic, but...

TCP broadcast? What is that? I only know UDP broadcast or multicast not TCP broadcast.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Sorry for offtopic, but...

TCP broadcast? What is that? I only know UDP broadcast or multicast not TCP broadcast.
Ahh, whoops. "Broadcast" was definitely the wrong term. Was thinking of it in terms of the RF analogy.

"Sends" is what I ment.