Problem Orbiter display problem

downloaderfan

Reaction score
Okay,orbiter 2010 worked totally worked fine and now suddenly,display looks like this

http://i45.tinypic.com/2h7m9zc.jpg

It happened after i connected my laptop to my TV and has remained like that ever since.Before all i had to do to fix this problem was delete the entire orbiter folder and extract all the folders again..but now that doesnt seem to be working even after i disconnect from the tv..i tried searching for solutions all solutions said the following

1)From the video tab,uncheck always enumerate devices
2)Select Direct3D T&L HAL option from the 3D device option

However there isnt any Direct3D T&L HAL in my 3D device option there is only one option which is RGB emulation...

i've now given up searching for solutions and i think this the only way i can expect help so

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just for info about my laptop

:hailprobe:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi downloaderfan,

1)From the video tab,uncheck always enumerate devices
I don't think this helps you. With this option enabled/ticked you say Orbiter to look for graphic cards at the time it starts. This should only be needed if you've changed your hardware/driver setup, but it never hurts to leave it enabled!
From Orbiter-Manual:
[...]This option enforces a hardware scan whenever Orbiter is launched and skips the device data stored in device.dat.
Make sure to tick this box after upgrading your graphics hardware or DirectX/video drivers to make Orbiter aware of the changes.[...]​

2)Select Direct3D T&L HAL option from the 3D device option
However there isnt any Direct3D T&L HAL in my 3D device option there is only one option which is RGB emulation...
Hmm, this looks like you have (accidentaly) changed your video-drivers.
I would recommend you to enable the "always enumerate devices", then close and re-open the launchpad and see if you see any other devices.

Nevertheless, even the "RGB emulation" should not result in a display like yours. It will we awfully slow, however ;)

If you can still not see any other device after you've started Orbiter with "always enumerate devices" ticked, you might try to re-install or update your graphic-hardware drivers.

Good luck,
/Kuddel

Last edited:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Maybe (repeat: maybe) deleting the file device.dat could help?
Launching orbiter.exe recreates it anyway.