News Orbiter-Forum Video Tutorial (UPDATED!)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
*UPDATED - Jan 24, 2011

Greetings Orbinauts!

I made several video tutorials for the forum here covering everything from the home page, navigating the forum, to posting on the forum. I tried to keep them short, hopefully they're helpful! :tiphat:

PART 1 (Home Page) - This will explain everything on the home page, the welcome block, including a walk through of all the forums and some general usage is explained.

PART 2 (Navigation & Features) - This explains in detail how to navigate around the website and shows the many features offered to you.

PART 3 (User Control Panel) - An overview of your forum account controls.

PART 4 (Projects) - Need to post a bug report for Orbiter or the website? What is the difference between a forum and a project?? See this tutorial!

PART 5 (Posting a Thread) - A comprehensive look at the posting editor.

PART 6 (Thread Tools, Postbit, Multi-Quote) - This is a general usage tutorial with a look at the inside of a thread, how to search in a thread, tools within a thread, and how to use the multi-quote feature.

PART 7 (Skins) - A look at some of our different skins.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
From what I've watched of it it seems good and easy to understand :thumbup:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, pretty nice video :D Very informative, I didn't know the forum had this many features, I don't use 1/4 of them xD.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Nice video, Tex! :thumbup:

I've been on here for nearly 1 ½ years, and I never knew O-F could do so much stuff! :)

Last edited:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
That's a very nice video. And informative too.:thumbup:

E

ex-orbinaut

Effectively takes the "fumble and figure time" out of using the site for those of us who can only visit for brief moments but who would like to maximize their use of the forum functions. Very good.:thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks for the comments everyone, very glad it was helpful for you guys! :cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Indeed it saves a lot of time if you wanna quote multiple people from the same thread. :)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Indeed it saves a lot of time if you wanna quote multiple people from the same thread. :)
And not only from the same thread. There is displayed this message if you use "Multi" on other threads before quoting, with option to include them in the quote:
"You have selected x posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts."

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've updated the forum tutorials since the default skin has changed (see the first post in this thread). In addition to all parts being totally re-filmed, I added a new part about the projects which is a recommended watch:

PART 4 (Projects) - Need to post a bug report for Orbiter or the website? What is the difference between a forum and a project?? See this tutorial!

Bruce B Campbell

Reaction score
Greetings from Bruce B Campbell

I wish to first thank the developers of Orbiter 2010-P1 for the excellent free ware platform you have and are developing. Special thanks to you Tex, for your tutorials on YouTube.

Bruce B Campbell