General Question Orbiter in-game help

Marijn

Reaction score
Hello,

My Orbiter root folder contains a Html\Scenarios\Default subfolder.

When I create a html document with instructions for a scenario, the html is shown in the tab area on the launchpad, as expected.

I like to have this html file available in-game.

But it seems this html cannot be shown in-game. Alt-F1 opens help, but that is the default Orbiter help.

Is there a way to view a html file which belongs to a particular scenario in-game with a simple shortcut? Or do I need to convert my html to chm?

Thanks for any help.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello,

My Orbiter root folder contains a Html\Scenarios\Default subfolder.

When I create a html document with instructions for a scenario, the html is shown in the tab area on the launchpad, as expected.

I like to have this html file available in-game.

But it seems this html cannot be shown in-game. Alt-F1 opens help, but that is the default Orbiter help.

Is there a way to view a html file which belongs to a particular scenario in-game with a simple shortcut? Or do I need to convert my html to chm?

Thanks for any help.

I think the "default Orbiter help" is the default one that will always be show when the help window is opened. In there, there should be a "Vessel" shortcut that, if the current vessel has a help file associated with it, will open that vessel-specific help file. I'm not sure but I think the files have to be in the chm format (I know chm works).

Marijn

Reaction score
The in-game help has two buttons in the lint, Scenario and Vessel. I expect these buttons to point to the content of the \Scenarios\Default and \Vessels folders. But the buttons do not seem to work. I've been trying this with the default \Scenarios\Checklists\Quickstart scenario.

And I am generating the html dynamicly, so I can't convert it into chm. That would probably ruin my svg graphics in the process.

So I think I should forget about this feature. nobody reads help files anyways.