Internet Orbiter Internet Radio

Would you like to listen or broadcast on Orbiter-Radio

• I don't want to do either! Leave me alone!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
btw can I pre-record the session and then broadcast that rather than going live? I think this is prefferable for such a long talk that is going to be needed by my topic (well we have no ads here and there in the stream the sound of me taking more air or drinking water wouldn't be very entertaining)

Not speaking for anyone else, I think that would be acceptable but lack the interaction that some hosts have with the listeners posting messages in IRC.
(As long as you are in IRC though, I believe you at least meet the rules as laid out by Xyon)

Last edited:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
btw can I pre-record the session and then broadcast that rather than going live? I think this is prefferable for such a long talk that is going to be needed by my topic (well we have no ads here and there in the stream the sound of me taking more air or drinking water wouldn't be very entertaining)

What you can do is put a song. That way you can do what you want during the song, and come later, continuing the talk.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Thanks to a friend of mine, we now have a relay server for the radio as well! If you're experiencing buffering, try using http://relay.orbiter-radio.co.uk:8000 instead.

The relay server isn't working. It returns a 303 See Other.
Same for the direct link, it is redirected.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

It works now, just tried. And work way better as expected ;)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I did the server move a little early; it was too tempting not to.

The temporary relay link above is now dead - the two IPs are in DNS for both servers, with a TTL of 60 seconds, which should split traffic up nicely. One is in Europe, and one New York, so if geography is causing you latency issues (which on tier 1 it shouldn't), try reconnecting until you get the other server.

Because both servers are now under one domain but only one configured to accept broadcasters, i've pointed broadcast.orbiter-radio.co.uk, which points statically to the master server.

Chipstone306

Reaction score
link

I may be blind or still trying to follow up what I have missed since being away... Is orbiter radio currently broadcasting or down for maintenance and is there a direct link to listen ( excuse the ignorance I still have 2k worth of posts to catch up on )

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
http://radio.orbiter-radio.co.uk:8000/ - http;//relay.orbiter-radio.co.uk:8000/

If you experience any lags with the first, try the second.

The latter address is incorrect (it's actually called relay1.orbiter-radio.co.uk now). Additionally the relay server isn't working at this moment. If however the relay server is working, the radio.orbiter-radio.co.uk address should be sufficient, as it would point to both of them.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The latter address is incorrect (it's actually called relay1.orbiter-radio.co.uk now). Additionally the relay server isn't working at this moment. If however the relay server is working, the radio.orbiter-radio.co.uk address should be sufficient, as it would point to both of them.

You can also drop the :8000, now, as port 80 will redirect internally to that anyhow (It makes for cleaner URLs, which I prefer).

It's changing quickly, but I think I've wound up with a stable platform to keep hold of, so here's the score:

radio.orbiter-radio.co.uk is the URL to use if you want to listen to a show. It will be load balanced and kept up-to-date with functional relay servers.
relay1.orbiter-radio.co.uk is the URL for the relay (currently, as orb rightly says, down for maintenance). This might be an appropriate URL to tune into if you're in Europe and are experiencing too much buffering on the load balancer above.
broadcast.orbiter-radio.co.uk is the URL to use to broadcast a show. This server is also a good relay for those in the USA who experience too much buffering on the load balancer.

www.orbiter-radio.co.uk is the link for the wiki.

Oh, and IRC is still up on this URL here just FYI.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I've just done a test show using edcast and VLC on Windows 7 which turned out to be rather fiddly to get up and running so I'll be putting a guide together on this at the weekend.

I'm planning on a two hourish 'Gary Show' 20:00UTC Friday 3rd May so please tune in :)

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Will be there

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I've just done a test show using edcast and VLC on Windows 7 which turned out to be rather fiddly to get up and running so I'll be putting a guide together on this at the weekend.

I'm planning on a two hourish 'Gary Show' 21:00BST Friday 3rd May so please tune in :)

Cables permitting of course. :p

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
23:00 BST Friday 3rd May, just after Gary Show I'm doing "Braindead Radio Live" - 60-90mins

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I'd prefer to see time in UTC or CEST, but oh well... :p Here are timers for these 2 shows for all the time zones:
  • The Gary Show [eventtimer]2013-5-3 20:0?will start in|started;%c% %h% hours, %m%[/eventtimer] minutes[eventtimer]2013-5-3 20:0?.| ago.;%c%[/eventtimer]
  • Braindead Radio Live [eventtimer]2013-5-3 22:0?will start in|started;%c% %h% hours, %m%[/eventtimer] minutes[eventtimer]2013-5-3 22:0?.| ago.;%c%[/eventtimer]
  • Electros news [eventtimer]2013-5-3 23:35?will start in|started;%c% %h% hours, %m%[/eventtimer] minutes[eventtimer]2013-5-3 23:35?.| ago.;%c%[/eventtimer]
  • DJ Mojo's hop shiggity bop [eventtimer]2013-5-4 3:0?may start in|started;%c% around %h% hours, %m%[/eventtimer] minutes[eventtimer]2013-5-4 3:0?.| ago.;%c%[/eventtimer]

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'll try and broadcast (all music no voice) at around 11PM EDT.

The show's name will probably be DJ Mojo's hop shiggity bop.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for listening.

If you have any thoughts of/advice - PM me via Orbiter-Forum

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
The auto-DJ bot is down, but Woo482 is broadcasting a show right now. :)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thursday 16.05.2013 - 21:00 UTC - Braindead Radio Live.

Last edited: