Orbiter Magazine

luki1997a

Reaction score
So... Finally what's the name for the magazine? I'm graphic director(ky can confirm ;)) and I want to develop a logo. I think you have to make a decision in this week. Talking about how good will it be is only losing time.

So I want the final name before 20.08.2011 if you can. If not I will have to wait next few weeks:lol:

Come on guys! Write an articles!:hailprobe:

P.S. what about THE PROBE as a name:lol:?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
So you now have a manager, co manager and graphics director........ but no writers to write the content. Sorry, this has shades of a VSA about it with too many fancy titles for whats supposed to be a very simple process.

All you really need is a cordinator with good spelling and grammatical skills to review and publish the articles. You don't specifically need a graphics director. or a co-manager. Just one person with time to review, edit, advise and publish. It's not a commercial magazine after all!

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Writers....those who want to contribute articles to the paper.Interviewers,tutorial creators,reviewers,etc.We do need someone to manage the pictures,team up with the manager to create the cover.I dont want to give out accolades and no work is being done,but I did say at the beginning of this thread to PM me about positions.

Columbia42

Reaction score
The reason I haven't put much thought into a name is that, as garyw said, we have no content yet and, as such, no magazine. Under these circumstances it's pretty pointless to think about things like titles and layouts.

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Can I submit an article about the CST-100 add-on i'm developing?If not then a tutorial on how to get into Orbit with a DGIV(For beginners)?

Pablo49

Reaction score
We do need someone to manage the pictures,team up with the manager to create the cover.I dont want to give out accolades and no work is being done,but I did say at the beginning of this thread to PM me about positions.
How many images do you have currently? Is it more than zero? (I know fireballs was working on something, so if you received it, you are at one, yes?) How much managing does that need right now? Covers will (should) change depending on the content. For example, why have a cover with an Arrow on it, but never mention the Arrow inside?

Also, since you stepped down as the one coordinating the magazine, is it your decision to appoint moot positions?

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but you are waaay ahead of yourself again. Push for articles and content to be produced, rally the army and get some stuff going. When you have content, then worry about getting it all setup into magazine format, and trivial things like covers and logos can come later. (still no need for specific positions though. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Like GaryW said, it's not a commercial magazine.)

I do appreciate Columbia42 ignoring most the silliness and pushing ahead though.

Tychonaut

Underexpanded
Donator
Reaction score
Perhaps as a means to get things going, anyone who has the time and inclination to write an article could commit to doing so, either here or in Columbia42's article thread. If they follow through, then even if the magazine never gets off the ground those articles can be published in the forums, or as blog posts. Nothing produced for the hypothetical magazine need go to waste.

Some things which would be of interest to me as a reader:
-technical articles about add-on development, aimed at the neophyte;
-detailed "after-action" style reports on performing a challenging mission, what went wrong and how you survived it, or how to avoid disaster next time;
-test flight comparisons of different craft of similar type, such as performance strengths, weaknesses and quirks of DG-class small spaceplanes, heavy-lift rockets, etc.
Basically something with a bit of meat to it, that goes beyond "I flew add-on X to Io, and it was cool." For example, I'd be keen to read about the planning and execution of those epic outer-system grand tour missions. :thumbup:

Personally, I'm not at an Orbiter skill level where I could write any of these, but I'd be happy to help someone who wants some proofreading. No fancy title required.

Oh, and my suggestion for a name would be "The Probe." :hailprobe: