Orbiter Screenshot Thread

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... but aboard a Sputnik. She was killed by hypoxia after several hours.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
yes, it is the wrong capsule, but I had no better one down pat (don't know if the phrase "to have something down pat" is right in this sentence - I used Leo), so I had to do it with a wrong one...

diogom

Reaction score
For future flights, try [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3125"]50 Years-Sputnik 2[/ame]. :tiphat:

Axertan

Reaction score
OMP XR2 flight
RawDater and I were testing the reverted OMP version, and here are some screens from that

picture.php

Turning back to WIN

picture.php

Bank complete, returning in formation, sorta.

picture.php

*Radio static*Break, break!*static*

picture.php

And, of course, safely landed

Pilots:
XR2-1: RawDater
XR2-2 "Tempest": Axertan

Ark

Reaction score
Work has continued on my Moonlab project from page 156.

11042312-08-12esastar.jpg

Following the same mission profile I delivered the Cassiopee module to a docking with the Esastar, and together the two of them form the bulk of the station. I also added two inflatable modules that are light enough to be delivered via S-IVb without a refueling flight. Because of persistent difficulties having enough fuel for the Antares-LR to make the TEI burn after using fuel for rendezvous, I decided to leave one of the S-IVbs docked to an inflatable module to serve as an on-site propellent depot. The side docking ports I added to the S-IVb's config file are perfect for topping off the Antares-LR's tanks just enough to make the burn home. Periodically, a cargo-less stretched S-IVb is flown to provide additional propellent for the depot. Just 10-15% of the stretched S-IVb's capacity is enough to refuel 3 or 4 Antares-LRs enough for TEI.

The other big change came with Grover's LBS. Utilizing the Energia for launch, I finally had a cool way to deliver a lander. After all, what use is a station in lunar orbit if you don't have a way to shuttle to the surface and back? Also, CTVs and ATVs provide an alternative to the Antares for delivering crew and cargo to Moonlab. The whole project represents quite the international effort, with American Saturns, Russian Energias, ESA modules and landers, and Italian Antares. :lol:

I'm thinking about trucking an N-1 down to Wideawake and sending a Soyuz to pay a visit. Alternatively, I may launch an S-IVb into orbit, launch a Soyuz with the regular launcher, then dock it to the S-IVb for TLI. But, if I do that, I don't know if the S-IVb will have enough fuel for rendezvous plus TEI. The Soyuz has such a uselessly small delta-v budget that I have to rely on an attached booster to fly the entire mission, with the Soyuz providing little more than a reentry means.

Ideas?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Go for a N-1F and add a Proton BlockD for extra Delta-V

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

A successful Soyuz-TMA training flight :

Ascent to orbit :

11_04_15_19-58-54_BlockI.jpg

Sunrise :

11_04_12_23-11-27_SoyuzTMA-8.jpg

Last minutes before reentry :

11_04_12_23-31-29_SoyuzTMA-8.jpg

And my closest approach ever from the landing site :

Soyuz_Landing.jpg

The orbital plane was a little misaligned, could have done better with a correction burn.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Go for a N-1F and add a Proton BlockD for extra Delta-V

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

A successful Soyuz-TMA training flight :

Ascent to orbit :

11_04_15_19-58-54_BlockI.jpg

Sunrise :

11_04_12_23-11-27_SoyuzTMA-8.jpg

Last minutes before reentry :

11_04_12_23-31-29_SoyuzTMA-8.jpg

And my closest approach ever from the landing site :

Soyuz_Landing.jpg

The orbital plane was a little misaligned, could have done better with a correction burn.

wich soyuz?

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Where can I get the avatar shuttle? Ive been searching the forums and orbit hangar for it and cannot find it.

diogom

Reaction score
I'm afraid you'll have to wait. It hasn't been released yet.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Now that would be something to see, that shuttle launching a whole crap load of X-37s from the sky. Sure beats daisy-cutters if you ask me. (Yes I'm aware X-37's aren't bombs they are *carrying* the bombs just had to say that just in case someone mis-understood)

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Where can I get the avatar shuttle? Ive been searching the forums and orbit hangar for it and cannot find it.

Maybe tomorrow or today I put it on forum...It's not my model,Craigh ask for permission to use it so if he want to put it on OH it's OK by me...

HR_Oso

Reaction score
ESA-Russia joint Mars mission: morning descent at Mangala Valles.

5648716105_46ff8bca1a_b_d.jpg

5649298184_3b319530b7_b_d.jpg

5649278154_656d3ebe3d_b_d.jpg