Orbiter Screenshot Thread

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It a launcher by one of our members, found here [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5996"]Negi-1 satellite launch vehicle v0.1[/ame]

As far as launching a cubesat, it'll do. It's multistage based, so it'd be a matter of writing an .cfg file for it.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
saz7XLK.jpg

Comparing Orbiter beta 2015 with Space Engine (with high resolution addon for Mars)

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
An evening SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 248

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Makes me almost want to organise another Live Captive Carry mission on OMP.

T1234

Reaction score
I was using a scenario involving my lunar mining complex and fps goes down quite a bit so remade it using low poly count and the result is better and the base file is half the size.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Jovian orbit insertion.

All these worlds are yours except Europa. Attempt no landing there...

Tycho

Reaction score

Decided to construct a station in LEO for use as a base of orbital operations for some of the other missions I fly. It's pretty amazing that we've compiled such a great pool of addons that it's possible to build a station in just about any form one could imagine.

In this station: Neesys core module, Cassiopee, Eranda, Pulsar, Piper's Habitat Module Core, Piper's Exercise/Recreation Module, Comet storage module, Solaris solar array and, of course, Well's PMA. An XR-2 and a crewed Dragon are docked at opposite ends.

donatelo200

Aerospace Engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Flying near an exotic sea.:)
picture.php

P.s. Are gray-scale maps supported in the beta yet or is there a way to convert to the correct format?

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Some screenshots of the mission with the TG-Habitat module. And some screenshots of the Delta Glider EX and the Energia rocket.
MediaFire reduces the size of the images, so I attach the entire folder of the images in original resolution.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/aztbdd41rrsf8/TG-Habitat
2ht4ojdo2zhumfj6g.jpg

gyjv33g3uxwwu0p6g.jpg

amohz8ha0qc5zib6g.jpg

k5yqcx4549ke8vs6g.jpg

2ht4ojdo2zhumfj6g.jpg

hvkvz8w9bv4a24r6g.jpg

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Experiments at Jupiter with bump mapping and specular mapping:

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I'm not sure about configuring these textures. I have tried with three identical textures for every material (actually, only for the thermal insulations): xxx.dds; xxx_bump.dds; xxx_refl.dds. The result is shown in the screenshot above, that seems pretty good.

Where i can find a tutorial about correct configuration of these D3D9 features?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Where i can find a tutorial about correct configuration of these D3D9 features?
In the D3D9Client documentation (Doc\D3D9Client.pdf).

K_Jameson

Reaction score
In the D3D9Client documentation (Doc\D3D9Client.pdf).

Already checked, but some things would be more immediate to understand with some practical example... I haven't much familiarity with these advanced settings... :embarrassed:

For example: what configuration was utilized for the reflective surface on the Centaur G-Prime for SSU? _Bump and _refl? And I can view the respective textures for reference?

Comparing the above screenshot with this:

SC-1_on_orbit.jpg

appears that the result is pretty much the same (look at the golden surfaces).

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Already checked, but some things would be more immediate to understand with some practical example... I haven't much familiarity with these advanced settings... :embarrassed:

For example: what configuration was utilized for the reflective surface on the Centaur G-Prime for SSU? _Bump and _refl? And I can view the respective textures for reference?
No, normal maps (saved in R8G8B8 format for best quality). Reflection maps was in DXT1 while the specular map is DXT5.

You can grab the Centaur textures here: https://sourceforge.net/p/shuttleultra/code/HEAD/tree/branches/ShuttleCentaur/Textures/SSU/Centaur/