Orbiter Screenshot Thread

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Atlantis about to enter orbital night on her third orbit after returning to active service after 2-year long Orbiter Maintenance Down Period (OMDP), the second-to-last one for the Boeing-North American (BNA) team at Air Force Plant 42 in Palmdale, Calif. Mission is STS-101 and was a beast to get off the ground due weather and waiting out an Atlas IIA with GOES-L/11 that had booked a slot on the Eastern Range ahead of it.

STS-101 was notable for being first mission of an orbiter outfitted with the Multifunctional Electronic Display Subsystem (MEDS) or "glass cockpit". The other three orbiters still sported the original Multifunctional CRT Display Subsystem (MCDS).

Attachments

• STS101_orbit3_pre_sunset.jpg
    STS101_orbit3_pre_sunset.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 28

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been taking screenshots. I've been jumping back and forth a decade between Orbiter 2016 and Orbiter 2006.

AMSO Apollo 16 Atop Stone Mountain.png

Orbiter 2016 - Apollo 16 - John Young stands on Stone Mountain looking back towards the landing site.

Gemini 11 M=1.png

Orbiter 2006 - Gemini 11 - I replicated the M=1 rendezvous of Gemini 11, reconstructing the flight based on information I was able to glean from period documents. Flown by the book, Agena is in a circular 297 km orbit, Gemini 11 starts in a 160 km by 280 km orbit 395km behind the Agena, TPI occurs 90 seconds before the first apogee, rendezvous occurs over the Pacific between Hawaii and California.

Here's the record high apogee of 1,373 km:

Gemini 11 Low Earth Orbit Altitude Record 1373km.png

The next mission I perfected was Gemini 10, this one was considerably harder to do because of the complexity of the double rendezvous but I think I got a close enough facsimile:

Gemini 10 at GATV 8.png

The late Mike Collins at the inert Agena from Gemini 8. I got rendezvous with the inert Agena within an orbit of the actual mission, all in all retrofire on the last orbit was only off by a few minutes, so I think I can be fairly satisfied with this simulation.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
The Pictown city working perfectly in Orbiter 2016. Well I think technically there is nothing to stop it from working, but I missed it anyway...
2021-05-21 20_35_54-Orbiter 2016 [D3D9Client].png

2021-05-15 21_55_29-Orbiter 2016 [D3D9Client].png
2021-05-21 20_36_17-Orbiter 2016 [D3D9Client].png
Oh the legendary Arrow Freighter! I really miss the Arrow Freighter and UCGO.

MediaFire disabled forum links, so here are the other screenshots:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/ed8et8eblm0wr7g/2021-05-15_21_52_26-Orbiter_2016_%5BD3D9Client%5D.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/owceed439mk9ur1/2021-05-15_21_53_15-Orbiter_2016_%5BD3D9Client%5D.png/file

Reaction score
Just randomly wanted to post something, but here's a random Dragon Capsule on a Falcon Heavy after launch. Note, I do not know how to fix the item I (badly) boxed in red. I have no idea how to fix it, anybody got any ideas.

EDIT: I also have the Falcon Heavy DRG thing.

Screenshot (146).png

Last edited:

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Falcon Heavy with Dragon lifting off (After I fixed the issue
Could you briefly explain how you fixed the issue with the FH upperstage for the Dragon?
I tried to replace the FH9_drg with the standard FH9 (with the normal upper stage), but had errors after that.

Reaction score
Could you briefly explain how you fixed the issue with the FH upperstage for the Dragon?
I tried to replace the FH9_drg with the standard FH9 (with the normal upper stage), but had errors after that.
Okay, so I first downloaded the "Crew Dragon for Orbiter 2016" mod (not DM2 since I alrready have that, but get it if you want to add it to your falcon heavy). Then I extracted everything, then went to the Falcon Heavy scn (on notepad) in senarios. I added the Dragon DM2 Capsule (or any Crew Dragon Capsule that isn't the original 1 in the mod), but I see what the parachutes are open. So, I then copy what ever is under the Dragon DM2 Capsule (in another mod or any mod that includes the DM2 like dragon) then past it under the Dragon capsule I have.

Reaction score
Okay, so I first downloaded the "Crew Dragon for Orbiter 2016" mod (not DM2 since I alrready have that, but get it if you want to add it to your falcon heavy). Then I extracted everything, then went to the Falcon Heavy scn (on notepad) in senarios. I added the Dragon DM2 Capsule (or any Crew Dragon Capsule that isn't the original 1 in the mod), but I see what the parachutes are open. So, I then copy what ever is under the Dragon DM2 Capsule (in another mod or any mod that includes the DM2 like dragon) then past it under the Dragon capsule I have.
The short version: First get the "Crew Dragon for Orbiter 2016" mod and extract that. Then, if you don't have it, download BrainJ's DM2 mod. Then, go into the scn folder of the "Crew Dragon for Orbiter 2016 mod" look for the Falcon Heavy launch scn. Then past the DM2 capsule into it. If the parachutes open copy everything that is under the capsule name (e.g. Endeavor), but don't copy anything else besides what's under the capsule name.

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
@Garguantua2024: Tell me you actually flew them from the ground into that formation in the scenario. ???That would be just awesome.
Unfortunately no...I just compiled all their meshes in one VesselBuilder configuration out of fun:LOL:

So basically they're just static meshes in space

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Kinda figured that, but formation flying woulda been neat, but too much danger of collision as they could be on converging orbits, and woulda been difficult to remote fly all at the same time.

Reaction score
Kinda figured that, but formation flying woulda been neat, but too much danger of collision as they could be on converging orbits, and woulda been difficult to remote fly all at the same time.
I probably may try that out tomorrow, but not sure how I'm going to get Pad 39B to have the same SpaceX pad at 39A.