Orbiter Screenshot Thread

gamer19

Reaction score
orbiter-2022-05-04-23-48-01-240-B.jpg

orbiter-2022-04-14-23-49-09-500-B.jpg

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
And now, a shameless promotion for my updated Babylon 5 systems...

Firstly, an Earth Alliance exploratory vessel surveys the gas giant 82 Eridani F, located in the same system as the Narn homeworld, as a Th'Nor-class Narn light cruiser prepares to defend the homeworld from potential invasion.

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

Next, another Earth Alliance exploratory vessel surveys the gas giant Gliese 8683 B (AKA HD 101930 B), while further out in the system, a Primus-class Centauri battlecruiser awaits orders in orbit around Centauri Prime.

Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Last edited:

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
More shameless promotions for my B5 systems...

First, a Hyperion-class Earth Alliance heavy cruiser enters orbit around Epsilon-3, the third moon of Epsilon Eridani B and location of space station Babylon 5.

Screenshot5.jpg

Next, the IAS Excalibur prepares to leave the newly-retextured Minbar.

Screenshot6.jpg

Elsewhere, above the Vorlon homeworld, the Vorlons deploy their most powerful weapon, the Vorlon planet killer, as part of their increasingly desperate efforts to maintain control over the younger races.

Screenshot7.jpg

Finally, the White Star arrives at the newly-resized Z'ha'dum, just in time to witness the planet self-destruct.

Screenshot8.jpg

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
It's been awhile, had a crazy year on my end. I've taken some screenshots since the last time I shared so I'll share them now.

STS-61-F Retake 4.png
STS-61-F Retake 2.png

I reflew STS-61-F with some upgrades to my simulation. The Centaur G-Prime now uses a Spacecraft4 vessel using the mesh from Space Shuttle Ultra's G-Prime. I adapted the Centaur service structure for Shuttle Fleet 4.8 by splitting the mesh in two and treating it like the IUS support structure.

Alternate STS-87.png
Alternate Cassini.png

I flew an alternate STS-87 where Columbia deploys Cassini-Huygens on a Centaur G to Venus for the beginning of its gravity assists to reach Saturn. Again I used Shuttle Fleet 4.8 reskinned with SSU textures. Centaur and support structure also adapted from SSU for my own personal use (I don't intend to steal and redistribute anyone's work, I just like to tinker).

STS-74 1995.png
STS-74 Moon.png

Reflew STS-74. Mir is always a fun time.

STS-51-J.png

Speaking of OV-104 we have Atlantis on her first mission, STS-51-J.

STS-41-C.png

Challenger on 41-C.

Progress M-7 Destruction.png

To round it all off here's the destruction of Progress M-7 from the perspective of Mir.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Cool station building!
Still occasionally returning to my Mir Historical Scenarios folder. I have all the flights to Mir simulated up to May 1991, plus all the Shuttle flights to Mir which are in my STS Historical Scenarios folder. I intend to simulate them all the way up to the station’s controlled deorbit in 2001. I have the NORAD tracking data for Mir so it’s just a matter of finding the given elements I need for any given date and plugging them in when I build the scenarios.

The most tedious part of doing all the missions is the sheer amount of Progress resupply missions. Part of me wants to skip ahead and do all the Soyuz missions first and fill in the gaps later, but I feel like that’s cheating. I wanted to experience the story of Mir as it unfolded, one launch, undocking and deorbit, and undocking and landing at a time. One thing I would like is a model of the original Progress spacecraft which was based on the Soyuz 7K-T and had no solar panels. Just would like to have it as a Spacecraft4 vessel, nothing fancy. The Progress M looks a bit wrong for the earlier resupply missions prior to 1989.