Orbiter Screenshot Thread

OvalDreamX

Reaction score
Looks amazing! Great improvement for the good old Brighton Beach.
Thanks! I was going to release the meshes as a prop pack for scenario creators to use but, Orbiter is a pain to work with sometimes (I spent more time trying to get the textures to work than modelling the thing) and, on top of that, Skybolt went dormant so I kinda abandoned the proyect heh.

Last edited:

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
We're getting closer and closer to making that game look like MSFS
Yes, and space flights in Orbiter are just a little nice bonus (joke :)). I'm sure atmospheric flights and airplanes are also important in Orbiter. It expands its capabilities, especially when a joystick is used. In this sence Orbiter is a "global" game. Maybe the dynamics of the atmospheric flight will be improved (complicated) in the future. I don't know how realistic it is now, compared to the X-Plane for example.

@asbjos once said very beatifully:
And that's what I like about it. I can sit on the runway on Cape Canaveral in the DeltaGlider, and flip a coin if I want to cruise at 20 km above Florida, or fly to Neptune and back on a 50 year mission, both extremely accurately simulated.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
"global" minus the water.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Yes, I meant "global" in the sense of seamless, that is we can fly across the ocean without any loading screens. The same as from Earth to Mars or somewhere else. But, yes, it would be nice to add some random variety to the "ocean texture and behaviour", so it doesn't look so monotonous.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'd say that the Martian atmospheric flight possibilities are a bit underrated in Orbiter. I'd go for ultralight tri- or quadri-planes, to maximize the wing area. Not sure what kind of propeller would be suitable though. I'd go for a lot of large blades but of course it adds weight.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Some old stuf I abandoned some time ago. Brighton Beach Spaceport, landing bay Aurek :)
Is this screenshot from Skybolt? Maybe it will look nice with D3D9 too? Especially with the latest Orbiter builds on GitHub.