Tutorial ORBITER Tutorial Series for Beginners: The Application of Orbital Mechanics

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It has taken considerably longer than anticipated to get the final polished version of part 1 finished, but today I have finally finished it! I still have to render the video, which takes hours, then upload it, so perhaps later tonight I can have it posted.

Stay tuned! :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I had to facepalm myself last night after the video render finished and I realized I picked the wrong resolution. So, I had to render it again letting it go all night. It's finally been finished and uploaded to You Tube:

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Awesome! But the real question here is whether a complete noob can watch it and understand everything. For example, you mentioned the vernal equinox -- but what if the person watching has no idea what it is? I think that, when making a noob tutorial like this, it's best to think like a noob yourself.

IMO this tutorial could be improved, but that being said, I think it's very good anyway. Congrats! :cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
UPDATE: In case you don't follow me on YouTube, I am finally getting around to completing this long overdue tutorial series I started so many years ago. I began the project when we had ORBITER 2010, and I will now be finishing it with ORBITER 2016. :facepalm:

At any rate, the first part covering the orbital elements still applies to the new ORBITER release, although now that I have a good microphone, it makes me want to re-narrate the video with better quality audio. First, I will complete the remaining parts. Yesterday I uploaded part 2 and today I uploaded part 3, which you can watch from the top of this thread. :thumbup:

:hailprobe:

RacerX

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Cool glad ta see you tex. Looking forward to another Texfilms vid. Give me a hollar when you get around Lake Jackson 288 freeway area :thumbup:

Last edited:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well it ended up taking 7 videos to complete this tutorial, but there you have it. All videos are up on YouTube and available for viewing in the first post of this thread! :tiphat:

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hello Tex

Long time no see :hello:

I subscribed a looooooong time ago to your channel and was very happy that YouTube decided to show one of your videos on my front-page a few days ago. Binge-watched all your videos the last few days.

Had to login to the forum and say thanks!

Please keep them coming :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi mate, thanks for checking in and watching. Hope you are doing well!