Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
First youtube video, yay!
[video]
Nooo! Just when I was working on a video involving aerobatics with DG (but and more), I thought it was a nice new idea for a video, but now after yours i'll just be 'yet another one' :lol:.... I even made a modified version of RControl to be able to make it.

But seriously, nice video computerex! I see you also did something to clone the inputs to multiple DG's?
Anyhow, I think I'll just continue to finish my aerobatics video too.

Giezer1984: those are some good videos you have there. I also laughed about the one with the DG docking, hearing the part from "Jiskefet", where juffrouw jannie comes in the office :) (to foreign people: it's just a dutch joke).

regards,
mcduck

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Nooo! Just when I was working on a video involving aerobatics with DG (but and more), I thought it was a nice new idea for a video, but now after yours i'll just be 'yet another one' :lol:.... I even made a modified version of RControl to be able to make it.

But seriously, nice video computerex! I see you also did something to clone the inputs to multiple DG's?

hehe me too McDuck! Mine isn't really about formation or aerobatics, it just has a couple scenes with DG4's in formation.

He used an addon he made to fly them in formation..I forget what its called, but you can download it in his support forum here on this site. :)

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Thanks Tex,

Although i believe I cant do that because I use the cheap ass windows moviemaker and freeware version of fraps. But pilot mentioned sony vegas, is this the program you used for the four windowed f1 racing video in monaco? Its propably a good program if you use it.

(btw, pretty cool you feedbacking me)

Giezer1984
It better be a good program for $500

Mission_CDR

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can download something that lets me record videos on my computer? (Something free)

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can download something that lets me record videos on my computer? (Something free)

Cam Studio, hypercam, or Fraps. (trial edition limits each clip length to 30 seconds)

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Costa Rica Satellite Systems presents...
The first commercial launch of 2008 :tounge:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-9q0TER8NM"]YouTube - QUINCHO-A Launch[/ame]

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice, I like the dissolves and the captioning.

N.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Istochnikov, :welcome:

Nice video mate, though I didn't really like the music that much. I liked the info you displayed through out the film, really helps the viewer understand whats going on. Overall, great work! Welcome to the forum. :)

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbynL-gVQjQ"]YouTube - Dangerous Delta Glider IV[/ame]

I just finished my first video composition :cheers: Its just a simple flight to the moon with an unusual landing that came to my mind. But is enough to test what a great video can be made with orbiter and after effects. I was inspired by your "space cowboy" video, Tex. Just let me know what you think. :speakcool:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
YouTube - Dangerous Delta Glider IV

I just finished my first video composition :cheers: Its just a simple flight to the moon with an unusual landing that came to my mind. But is enough to test what a great video can be made with orbiter and after effects. I was inspired by your "space cowboy" video, Tex. Just let me know what you think. :speakcool:

Very nice video Whatu, I'm glad to hear my video inspired you. :)

My thoughts on the video...

Pros:
  • I liked the music.
  • The intro was nice, with slow transitions and fades of the earth and DG4.
  • Very good job with the camera shake effects.
  • My fav shot was at 1:48, excellent flyby!
  • The timing was just about spot on through the whole video.
  • Nice job fading the flight phase from earth to moon.
  • I liked the ending as you zoomed out, very cool!
Cons:
  • I thought you spent a bit too much time with scenes over the moon during the decent
  • Although the landing was different, I think a proper trip using the Transfer MFD or TransX would be cooler (just my opinion here).
  • No credits in the video
Overall I think you did a very good job with this for your first video. Its a heck of alot better than most first attempts I see with any sim/game. If you haven't tried THIS tutorial for going to the moon using the Transfer MFD, it's worth a read, it's how I learned to get there. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

PS: Did you actually edit the video with Adobe After Effects or were you just using the term generally? What software suite do you have?

:cheers:

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Thank you very much Tex!

Yeah I agree with you, the descent part is definitely the worst one, I spent less time on it because I wanted to finnish :p.

And the trip was everything but a proper trip! it was a lol trip because I was controlling the ship and recording on the fly, so for example after recording tli burn i had to turn retrogade and slow by 1000 m/s :rofl:.
And more things..
But as thats not showing.... I guess it doesnt matter for the first try.

In next videos I think ill feature MFD's footage. (and a proper trip :p)

And there are no credits for the same reason, just wanted to finnish kinda quick.

And yes I used solely After Effects CS3, though im a real newbie at it.

Thank you for the feedback! now I just got to have another idea for a video.... it's hard to be original :(...

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's my top Orbiter video list, copied from the YouTube strand

STS-120 (Tex)

Apollo 11 (Tex again)

Short demo of OctoberSky Soyuz models (CastorP)

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Very nice video by Usonian on the X-15! I really enjoyed that one. Nice job Usonian! :)

Belisarius

Obsessed with reality. Why?
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I second that, he may be a grumpy old geezer ;)but he's a dynamite addon artist and vidmaker

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
No one told me After Effects had camera shake! Good, now I don't have to waste money on Sony Vegas for that effect

Becker

Reaction score
My first message on the new boards :) Been away fooling around with SSM07 but you can't beat a bit of Orbiter.

Anyways I thought i'd post what was my very first Orbiter video (First video I ever did :) ) on the new boards. It's still goin great and on the way to cracking the 30k views mark.

Apologies for all the transitions but it was my first go :) For anyone who hasn't seen it I hope you like it.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-iXsaM82jY"]YouTube - Orbiter - Space Shuttle Re-Entry and Landing[/ame]

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
You wanted it, you got it. Here's part 2 of my Orbiter adventure. Nothing more than a filler for part 3. Enjoy your appitizer

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
On July 16, 2058, our world would change forever after detecting a collision on Triton from Earth...

Coming this month, 'Cosmic Destiny' ...stay tuned!