Orbitersimulator.com - down for unscheduled maintenance

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quick note, traffic has nearly doubled over the past few weeks on Orbitersimulator.com and I'm nothing short of happy to hear it, unfortunately I was not expecting such a ramp up in traffic!

For now I have taken the website offline, just to investigate the options and situation. I hope to have it running again within a few hours however it may take some time longer to get it proper.

Eric

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very interesting. I'm pretty much convinced that KSP has something to do with that. :yes:

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Good news,

I initially took the website down to check issues with our connectivity having some very minor drops, originally I figured it was the traffic causing it and took the website offline using server side security and dropped the folder which cut off any connected downloads.. While the site was offline we still saw the problems occur and we were able to trace them to a problem with the dns provider, one of the servers is/was failing randomly and they are working on the problem now.

I am bringing the website back online now and expect it to continue to operate and serve the public well, if your file starts to download then its fairly certain the download will complete safe and sound.. If you encounter a problem with the site loading while the dns provider is correcting things on their end, please simply refresh the page as the failures are around 1/200 connections.

Thank you for your understanding!

:cheers:
Eric

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Also, please post here if you have any troubles, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

eric

Last edited: