Problem Orulex and World Studio

othoudt

Reaction score
Well, I'm still having problems with Orulex and World Studio. I'd like to know more about the "Functions" menu in World Studio. The default "Constant" settings make the terrain way too exagerated. If I set the "Constant" for the moon from 6250(?) to 1 the terrain looks much more reasonable, like no more 8 km high "hills" on the lunar seas. On Mars the terrain has bad looking greenish areas. I've been trying to fix these problems for over a month and I'm getting a little crazy.

Attachments

• world_studio.jpg
    world_studio.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
  • olympusfrom altitude.jpg
    olympusfrom altitude.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 21
  • mars.jpg
    mars.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
First, the World Studio in Orulex 1.2 is somewhat broken in the function view, as should be obvious. Fixed here:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/ws-080920.zip

As you can now see, "Constant" applies to the selected element in the function graph.
What each function do is described in the documentation.

The "Constant" by default on the Moon function picked the vertical scale of the continental mountains, ones that are averagely 50 km apart.
These are then added to the small noise mountains 5 km apart and 600 m tall, the sum is then added to the heightmap. What i described is a planet function, which should be clear in the fixed version.

If a planet have a heightmap, the function is sort of a way of boosting it from lv7-8 to Lv20 thru semi-random data.

Mars have a similar microtexturing function to the Moon, so you should be able to tweak it similarly or clarify the "greenish areas".

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Artlav, do you remember the issue where World Studio didn't work on my system? No input was loaded. Whilst World Studio still doesn't work in Windows (including the one you posted in here), one slight reassurance, it works perfectly fine on my arch installation :rofl: .

Last edited: