Problem Orulex: visosad.dll error

Steve C

Reaction score
Have recently loaded the Orulex 3d real time rendering add - on and its certainly impressive. Question when downloading the MeshLand_2 module I believe an updated version of visosad.dll is downloaded replacing the original. Problem is that when I start orbiter it runs up an error:-

Error!
visosad\visosad.dll error.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this - I replaced it with the original version and orbiter seems to run ok.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Have recently loaded the Orulex 3d real time rendering add - on and its certainly impressive. Question when downloading the MeshLand_2 module I believe an updated version of visosad.dll is downloaded replacing the original. Problem is that when I start orbiter it runs up an error:-

Error!
visosadvisosad.dll error.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause of this - I replaced it with the original version and orbiter seems to run ok.
Details please.
Which Visosad update have you downloaded?
Which Orulex version do you use?
Are you sure you installed the update properly?

Steve C

Reaction score
Hi

It came with Orulex version: 1.2-080909 Beta but not sure what version of vsosad.dll it is - no details on this but the file size is 163kB dated 10/12/2007.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It came with Orulex version: 1.2-080909 Beta but not sure what version of vsosad.dll it is - no details on this but the file size is 163kB dated 10/12/2007.
So, you are trying to use Visosad from october 2007 with Orulex from september 2008 and expect it to work, considering that there were 26 versions and one major rewrite in-between?
Not going to happen.
EDIT: Here is the up-to-date thread, sort of:
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4181

Steve C

Reaction score
Artlav,

Sorry to be a bore but have used the thread you provided and the meshland 2 module includes the same version of the visiosad.dll I previously downloaded. 164.4k dated 10/12/2007.

-----Post Added-----

Hi again Artlav,

Ok now I've found the problem. I had the apollo NASAP meshland module loaded by mistake which was obviously causing a conflict.

Many thanks..........

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sorry to be a bore but have used the thread you provided and the meshland 2 module includes the same version of the visiosad.dll I previously downloaded. 164.4k dated 10/12/2007.
Ok now I've found the problem. I had the apollo NASAP meshland module loaded by mistake which was obviously causing a conflict.
Hm. Indeed, that part was not changed for a while.
I'm sorry for apparent misinformation - haven't worked on that one for quite some time.
Good to hear it works tho.

dallatorretdu

Reaction score
no.. i have reinstalled all with the meshland name... i think i have a dll called meshland in modules/startup folder, deleted it it work...