PGA DOFF and DON: are them necessary?

Zuppermati

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Currently, I'm doing the Apollo 11 simulation, right after the S-IVB slingshot maneuver, and I'm required to perform PGA DOFFING and DONNING for both CDR, CMP and LMP. I wanted to ask about two yellow items from the checklist: in particular, the first requires to "install hose screen on return hose", for which I have absolutely no idea about what it means or how to do it: is it something releated to the spacesuit and hence not implemented yet?

At the same time, the same checklist section requires to set RH SUIT FLOW vlv to CABIN FLOW while right after there is a yellow item which requires to switch it back to "FULL FLOW (for 3 unsuited)", for which I have zero idea of what that means (I mean, I know it's asking me to switch it to FULL FLOW, but I don't understand the sense of doing it right after setting it to CABIN FLOW and what that unsuited thing means).

So, I wanted to ask if are those items are skippable and if not what do I have to do.

Many thanks in advance and regards.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Your first item is definitely skippable, as it isn't simulated. Probably was just added because it appears in the real launch checklists.

The second one I had wondered about myself haha. It is probably derived from this section of the Operations Checklist: https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap11fj/a11csmoc/a11-csmoc-f10-07.jpg So not something specific about that situation but a general purpose checklist for doffing the PGAs. I guess it means that you should switch to full flow if all 3 astronauts are unsuited, otherwise to cabin flow. Those switches, one for each astronaut, are on panel 300-302, same section of the 2D panel in NASSP where the LEB mission timer is.

Zuppermati

Reaction score
Well only one of them (CDR, iirc) should perform donning, so I guess I should leave them to CABIN FLOW.
Anyway, thank you very much for the help :)

MrFickles

Reaction score
It's probably only necessary when depressurizing the CM or LM on Apollo 9 or the landing missions. Anyone not in a suit will die, although it makes no difference in NASSP if the crew dies.