Project Playing with the Nassp LEM

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
After messing around with Gemini, I decided to play with the LEM ascent module from NASSP. I used AR's orbiter mesh wizard to completely rip apart and redo the NASSP mesh. I have textured the outside and am working on building a VC inside. I think I am about 90% done or about 10% away from just abandoning the project and calling it good. Anyway, I think this is much better than what I had before in NASSP.

If anyone would like to suggest where I could put my Gemini work or this for everyone at large, I should be able to offer the Gemini stuff and this in a few weeks.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
I'd be careful if i were you, those look like AMSO textures to me... be sure to check with ACSoft.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Interesting.

Where did you get the textures and what did you use for your interior reference?

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
Apparantly careful is the correct way to go.

Keep in mind I said playing around with the LEM, not inventing or creating. My references have been NASA photgraphs as well other meshes including AMSO. Most of the panel and circuit breaker textures are screenshots from the NASSP panels, including the side panels I am now finishing. Some other textures from NASA pictures, like the Gemini I did. Some textures are from screenshots of AMSO, the main window textures are mine, painted in PSP5pro from altered photographs. So yes, cobbled together textures from many sources, including NASSP and AMSO. The exterior mesh is the Original NASSP 5 mesh, but I have done the interior meshwork myself, that part is all my work, which I will now finish for my own enjoyment.

As for the AMSO screenshots I made textures from, I like them, better than some of the pictures I found. So I will use them for own personal use. I will not release this mesh or the textures made from AMSO images anywhere.

This seems to have met with negative feedback, so apparantly I have made a mistake. I will finish this LEM mesh for myself and use it on my computer, as I may do what I like on it, keep in mind I never uploaded any meshes or textures ANYWHERE.

As far as the gemini stuff, it seemed to go over pretty well, so thanks for the link.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Don't get put down by negative comments on the forums. You will always get negative feedback around here.

Now, if you wish to share your work with others and respect third party work, you should release an add-on for an add-on.
Don't copy textures, use them directly, give credit and mention the original add-on as required. It's win win :)