Please help - Graphics problem!!

fallenidol

Reaction score
Hi, sorry, it's probably a nooby question but....

I've just started to try to use Orbiter and it seems fine the first time I boot it up but the second time and on from that the graphics seem to deteriorate. The shuttle and sky goes grey and the movement is very jumpy. I'm not the most technically of minded people when it comes to computers but I do have a lot of enthusiasm for this program as it looks to be an amazing piece of software.

I'm running Oribter 060929.

If anyone has any suggestions (aside from "throw your computer out of the window!") then I would be most grateful!

Thanks.

Dan.

V8Li

Reaction score
Make sure the graphics card is on Direct 3D, not something like RGB - something (can't tell exctly the options since I'm at work right now :) )

fallenidol

Reaction score
Hmm, that could be it, it's only giving me the option for RGB, perhaps it's my graphics card, I've recently had to re-install Windows so perhaps I should go down that avenue.

Not sure if there are any other 3D problems as this is the only software I've used so far that requires it.

I'll take a look to see if there is anything I can do but as I said, I'm not very technically minded when it comes to computers!!

Thanks.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
sounds like you might be missing your graphics card/chip drivers then. make sure you have the latest dx too.

fallenidol

Reaction score
It's ok, managed to sort it out, it was my graphics drivers.
Thanks for the help!!