Project Port Grover

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
i wouldnt think so, then you would have different geography, you cant just do that without covering a huge area up to the point where you wont notice, which could take dozens of tiles

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Carmen is pretty good at this, she can get surf-tiles for an area in less than half an hour, but haven't seen Carmen in a while

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
nor i.

maybe ill leave it for now

---------- Post added 03-22-11 at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-21-11 at 06:02 PM ----------

ok, ive added only 3 more objects since that last post, but they are quite large ones, one HUGE one behind the XR5 hangars, and one in each gap between the hangars. these will serve as the Arrival/Departure point for passengers (you dont think that the XR5 would only ever take cargo do you? think how many passengers you could cram into that huge cargo bay!), where the passengers enter directly into the rear of the hangar, board the XR, which is the towed into the loading hangar to recieve any auxillary tanks/RATO/JATO packs it may require for its mission, as well as refuelling and a final mechanical check of the systems, before being towed out to the runway and set off

still to add:
a dozen or so stock objects,
runway lights for 12L and the two main taxiways (all are colour coded so pilots landing at night can tell which line is which strip of concrete)

that concludes what ive added so far (ive not had much time today) but it should be released later today for you guys to play around

then we can discuss future releases, definatley a new Departure/Arrival building, most likely surface tiles, and possible some more custom buildings

in a bit guys!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
RATO/JATO packs? If a fully laden XR5 can take off on these long runways without assistance, why mention RATO/JATO packs?

Hi, I'm n122vu, and I'm a continuity-aholic....

Just ask my wife. She hates watching movies with me.
Me: "Wait, how could Freedom and Independence crews go up on the same elevator if their launchpads are over a mile apart?"

Her: Can you just shut up and watch ANY movie?

Anyway, it looks awesome! Can't wait to fly to/from there.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
because if new payloads are made, which are more dense than stock ones, or if you just want to prevent a white-knuckle launch, its better to be safe than sorry (unless its a simulator... wait a minute!)

anyway, ive just uploaded the V1.0 onto OrbitHangar, like an open beta, any problems, leave it on the OH thread

thanks guys!