Problem problem with project mercury

kelvan311

Reaction score
problem with the project mercury when i m open launchpad orbiter and enter the project mercury...it is work...but problem is it doesn't have rocket and capsule...it only show launch pad...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
problem with the project mercury when i m open launchpad orbiter and enter the project mercury...it is work...but problem is it doesn't have rocket and capsule...it only show launch pad...

Is a problem with the old call-back functions of the Orbiter SDK. Mercury had been build using mostly the 2003 API, and did not even get the 2006 VesselAPI changes. That is why the rocket is invisible: The call backs that had once been used for letting Mercury define its properties are now no longer called. "Call-backs" are functions in the module of a vessel, that are called by Orbiter so the vessel can define its behavior.

I work on a relaunch of Project Mercury using the 2010 API, Project Mercury X, and which should be based on most new features of 2010, like Lua, but that will take a while before it reaches the same state as Project Mercury 5.0 had.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
so anything can fix it??

Yes. Fixing the source code of the module, it is open-source. But that is not easy after such a long time... the last update was just for making the old Mercury 5.0 run under 2006.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
You can't, the addon's .dlls needs recoding to use the new SDK and that really wouldn't be something easy to do yourself.

kelvan311

Reaction score
so it want to be wait another update??

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Yes, Urwumpe is making the "Project Mercury X" addon, so you'll probably be waiting for that unless someone attempts to update the old Mercury sourcecode

Gothmog

Reaction score
so anything can fix it??
I doubt it. As far as Project Mercury is concerned, Orbiter2010 is a completely different product because now, because, based on Urwumpe's post, the interfaces that PM used to use to recognize and interact wth it are no longer there.

So no, it can't be fixed by anything you can do at the configuration end; Robert Conley (if I'm remembering the name correctly) would have to rebuild his product, or at least do whatever is necessary so that his program will interoperate with Orbiter. That could be a huge job (i.e. rebuild from the ground up) or very simple depending on what PM looks like now.

OrbiterShuttle

Reaction score
Try download Orbiter 2006 P1, its at orbithangar.com, just go to Dr Martin's Orbiter website, and then click "download Orbiter from orbithangar.com", and then download it, use a unzipper program, such as WinRAR (recommended) and WinZip (both are recommended, but WinRAR also accepts .rar files than WinZip).

Hope this helps you. :thumbup: