OHM Project Gemini

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Actually, this is a multistage2 and spacecraft3 project, correct?

Seems like this would be a great candidate to upgrade to mutistage2015 and spacecraft4.

The former should fix autopilot issues and the later should allow for a proper UMMU crew rather than a jettisonable human payload.

Gothmog

Reaction score
Hi - not being picky - just trying to save you messing about. There is no need to jettison the astronauts. *With the Gemini selected* - hit 'J' to lose the equipment section, then 'J' again to 'dock' the retro section, then select that and you can use the retros. Doesn't seem to be any RCS, but IIRC the real Gemini retro section only had translational thrusters.

Works for me, anyway.

(Emphasis mine)

You write "with Gemini selected", specifically. This leads me to ask: is there some step in the scenarios where the focus shifts away from Gemini, that I'm unaware of?

ETA: As far as the retro section procedure goes, I have managed to step through that successfully. As I recall: after pressing J to lose the equipment module, one more J-press makes the retro module available in the select-ship menu. As noted, here one can set focus to the retro package and then fire as needed. Undocking follows next via the Docking MFD, and at this point I have the complete capsule without losing the nosecone, ready for reentry.

While all the above is going on, two astronauts ooze out of the spacecraft like ghosts passing through a wall. I assume this can't happen until the second and third j-presses of the mission, when the astronauts come into being. Beyond that, though, I'm vague as to exactly when the oozing process begins. Does it happen automatically after the astros are created, and asynchronously with regard to any subsequent J-presses or other intervention by the user? How do I get the astronauts back inside?

Last edited: