Misc Project Jason

Interceptor

Reaction score
HI,Donamy I will give you the run down on the launch Jason Voyager telescope mission,Ok then everything runs great from launch to Leo 160X160 orbit,so I am still on the jasons second stage,and,UAP waits until PER, then it starts burning, it burns until the the PER,and,APA are too low in the atmosphere,and the eagle eventualy burns up.Thanks

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You have to seperate from the 2nd stage, and run Eagle's UAP program by pressing go. The 2nd stage continues until it's per and re-enters automatically.

Ark

Reaction score
I don't even need UAP to launch this thing. The Velcro autopilot gets you well on the way, then just manually follow a basic ascent profile to orbit. Yaw left and right with Align MFD for orbital alignment, and pitch up from the horizon if your ApT drops below 10 seconds or so. Just do your best impression of the regular Velcro autopilot.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
True, but I like to use the UAP. It flies really nice. IMO

Don't get me wrong, 'Velcro Rockets' is great, and it lets you launch, while sitting in the cockpit.

It just shows that with all the great addon utilities, you don't need to know how to code.

Ark

Reaction score
It just shows that with all the great addon utilities, you don't need to know how to code.

Indeed, it seems like modeling skills and basic .txt editing are all it takes to get your addons flying.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey Donamy,I wanted to try,and reenter,so I started by stowing jasons arrays,but after the process they stick out thru the eagles frame,anyway of fixing this?,also I was wondering if you can reattach jasons second stage to jason leo AKA eagle,after seperating? I tried this and it won't reattach propperly.Thanks

Attachments

• Jason_Arrays-Error.jpg
    Jason_Arrays-Error.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 17

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Did you set the sun_joint to 0 angle ?

The 2nd stage should re-attatch, if you reverse the process of unattatching.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Did you set the sun_joint to 0 angle ?

The 2nd stage should re-attatch, if you reverse the process of unattatching.
Hi Donamy,OK the the sun_joint to 0 worked fine,but still having problems re-attatching the jason leo to the second stage,heres what happens in the pic below.Thanks for the info

Attachments

• 12.03.23 09-33-45 JASON2nd_stage.jpg
    12.03.23 09-33-45 JASON2nd_stage.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 13

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's attaching to the 0 attachment and needs to attach to the 1. Try Attaching it with Attachment manager.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Actually the correct method would be to press leftshift + A you'll see attacment point 0 is free, advance to the next attachment point by pressing leftshift + numpad 6, then leftshift + numpad 0 to attach.

Interceptor

Reaction score
After pressing leftshift + A theres is only one attachment point, I tried pressing leftshift + numpad 6 several times,to see if attachment point 1 is avaliable,but only 0 shows up.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Then it's the Child attachment on the JasonLEO. Swap the Child attachments in the JasonLEO.ini also save it to the modules/server/config/spacecraft if you are using D3D9.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

you also need to change the attachment in the scenario file, to launch correctly.

Interceptor

Reaction score
OK,Donamy I swapped the child attachment points in the JasonLeo.ini,and it works now,but all the scenarios start out with the jason leo,and second stage attached wrong,or off.Thanks

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Read above your last post.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester