LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
LordCroussette submitted a new addon:

Québec - The Gem of French Canada - It's finally here! Quebec City for Orbiter 2016!

Founded in 1608 by explorer Samuel de Champlain, Quebec City is one of the oldest settlements in North America and the only city north of Mexico which still has its fortifications. Jean-Lesage International Airport (YQB/CYQB) was first established in 1939 with the beginning of the Second World War. After the war, it became a civil airport and has been servicing Quebec City ever since. In 1994, it was renamed after Jean Lesage, Prime Minister of Quebec in the 1960s.

Read more about this addon...

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hi! Finally I've found some free time to try it. It looks just like real life:

Без імені2.png

And it's so impressive at night:

Без імені.png

(By the way, I had to rename "Québec" to "Quebec" in Scenarios folder, because I couldn't open "Québec" folder in Orbiter Launchpad. Maybe it's caused by fonts on my notebook, I don't know...)

Thank you! ;)

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! Finally I've found some free time to try it. It looks just like real life:

(By the way, I had to rename "Québec" to "Quebec" in Scenarios folder, because I couldn't open "Québec" folder in Orbiter Launchpad. Maybe it's caused by fonts on my notebook, I don't know...)

Thank you! ;)
Thank you! As for the folder, it never crossed my mind it might not work for other people, since it works fine here. I'm guessing it has to do with "keyboards" installed on your computer, or something. (These things)
1698790219022.png
Maybe a folder will glitch out if it has a character that isn't present on the keyboards installed? I don't know. Good to know for the future, though.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Interesting, for folders or files names I would strongly recommend not to stray away from standard ASCII alphanumerical characters. It might be a bit overkill, but should avoid any problems.

More explicitely numbers from 0 to 9 and american-english letters from A to Z (upper and lower case). The underscore _ should be used as word separator. Like : ...\Orbiter\Textures\Quebec_City_Folder\ ; frontenac_castle_texture.dds ; and so on...

Orbiter itself is quite old-school and MS-DOS rules pretty much apply to the way it handles files.

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Maybe I just don't have this character on my system, because after I copied your files into my Orbiter directory and ran the game I noticed that the name of the folder in Orbiter Launchpad is just "Quebec", not Québec. And when I clicked on this folder on Orbiter Launchpad, nothing happened. But the name of this folder in my Windows Explorer is "Québec". I don't know why, but I decided to rename this folder by replacing "é" with just "e", and then this folder opened in Orbiter Launchpad with six scenarios.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't have this character on my system, because after I copied your files into my Orbiter directory and ran the game I noticed that the name of the folder in Orbiter Launchpad is just "Quebec", not Québec. And when I clicked on this folder on Orbiter Launchpad, nothing happened. But the name of this folder in my Windows Explorer is "Québec". I don't know why, but I decided to rename this folder by replacing "é" with just "e", and then this folder opened in Orbiter Launchpad with six scenarios.

'é' is a character used in the french alphabet that our canadian friends also use (nearest equivalent in cyrillic would be 'Ye' I think). It isn't included into ASCII, which is a very limited set of 95 printable characters :

1920px-ASCII_full.svg.png

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting, for folders or files names I would strongly recommend not to stray away from standard ASCII alphanumerical characters. It might be a bit overkill, but should avoid any problems.

More explicitely numbers from 0 to 9 and american-english letters from A to Z (upper and lower case). The underscore _ should be used as word separator. Like : ...\Orbiter\Textures\Quebec_City_Folder\ ; frontenac_castle_texture.dds ; and so on...

Orbiter itself is quite old-school and MS-DOS rules pretty much apply to the way it handles files.
thankfully, it's just "Quebec" everywhere else. Only the folder in Scenarios use the "é", and that's because its the one folder people get to read the name off as its in the scenarios folder. So at least there is no reason for the base itself to have any issues.

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him