Problem Quicksaves/other scenarios minimize immediately after launching

Gordontrek

Reaction score
I have run into a rather annoying problem with Orbiter 2016.
When I launch quicksaves, or any scenario that I made myself, the program will minimize to the desktop immediately after I launch it. I have tried several things, including messing around with the video settings, and can't seem to locate the issue.

This started happening after a strange issue occurred that I resolved myself. My graphics card drivers uninstalled themselves suddenly while I was playing Orbiter, causing my system to default to the motherboard's built in display adapter. Huge performance drop. I managed to locate the issue and re-install the drivers. Orbiter now runs default scenarios or ones I downloaded with no problems, but will immediately minimize when I launch quicksaves or my own scenarios.
I'm at a loss! If you have any ideas on how I can rectify this I'd be very thankful. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Marijn

Reaction score
Hmm. You could try adjusting the Orbiter shutdown option in Extra=>Debugging options and set it to Shutdown Orbiter process.

This solved a similar problem for me when launching scenario's.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Does this happen in fullscreen mode, in windowed mode, or both?

The only reason I can think of for Orbiter to get minimised in fullscreen mode is if Windows wants to push a notification to the user's attention. Display parameters are not stored with the scenario, so if some scenarios work ok, the problem is probably not with the video settings.

Can you check the Orbiter.log file for any obvious problems?
Can you look at the scenario file to check for any obvious corruption?
Can you try to debug an offending scenario file to isolate the problem? (remove vessel definitions one at a time, remove MFD/VC definitions, script execution, etc.)