Tutorial Re-entry for Dummies

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I was thinking of calling it "The OrbiNoob reentry guide", but since it must obviously be in Italian, I'll think about it!
;)

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Awesome guide, thanks! I can now get to the ground intact! :cheers:

Only thing is, I'm consistently around 500km off my target (too short). What could I be doing wrong? It's not REALLY a problem, only sometimes I don't have enough scram fuel....

SandroSalgueiro

Reaction score
Great tutorial. By combining this with other sources, one can have much about reentry demystified.

Thank you for the effort, hope to see more guides from you.

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
This is a great guide that helped me when I was first learning re-entry in the DG. I even had printed it out, and it should be here somewhere on my desk. Anyways, its great and IMO a great contribution for those just starting to learn.

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Awesome guide, thanks! I can now get to the ground intact! :cheers:

Only thing is, I'm consistently around 500km off my target (too short). What could I be doing wrong? It's not REALLY a problem, only sometimes I don't have enough scram fuel....

It may not be that youre doing anything wrong, but that every vessel has different aedodynamic characteristics, and so you will need to adjust this technique slightly, depending on the vessel.

AerobrakeMFD can be very useful, just make sure to keep the predicted impact point well ahead of the target initially, you can always change to normal flight and glide down from the upper atmosphere like a plane.

With a little practice, and some thinking, its not too hard to refine a technique. Hell, if i managed to get the hang of it, anyone can

Later dawgs