Idea Recompile the AMSO addon for Orbiter 2016

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently updated the Orbiter simulator to Orbiter 2016 nine months ago, But there is one problem. As many addons from Altea Aerospace have been updated for the latest version, The Apollo Mission Simulator (AMSO) has not been updated to version 1.22. I have thought of this after I have downloaded AMSO and tried to test it out. I ended up with an notice error saying that it's for the Orbiter 2010 P1 version only. I figured that AcSoft Productions, the developer of the addon has been dormant since 2011.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently updated the Orbiter simulator to Orbiter 2016 nine months ago, But there is one problem. As many addons from Altea Aerospace have been updated for the latest version, The Apollo Mission Simulator (AMSO) has not been updated to version 1.22. I have thought of this after I have downloaded AMSO and tried to test it out. I ended up with an notice error saying that it's for the Orbiter 2010 P1 version only. I figured that AcSoft Productions, the developer of the addon has been dormant since 2011.

Is this just a statement of facts or is there a question in there?

You are certainly right that AMSO has not been updated for quite some time now. However, nobody but the author can recompile it, because it is closed-source. As it seems, ACSoft left the community, so AMSO is not usable with 2016 anymore. NASSP is a project that aims to simulate the Apollo program, too, and being open-source, it is not as prone to become legacy as closed-source projects.

Did you try contacting ACSoft already?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Just download a copy of Orbiter 2010 and use AMSO with that.

It's not a matter of just "recompile." List of bugs would be huge, even if you got it to load. The rocket might not sit upright on the pad, the moon terrain that comes with AMSO will clash with the Orbiter terrain, the touch down points on all vehicles have to be redone, etc.