Release MFD

penlu

Reaction score
So I'm flying the SwiftSS. At the proper time, I call up ReleaseMFD on the SS booster to release myself from the big flat thing that brought me up here. I click, and nothing happens. Followed shortly by a very messy reentry. Why isn't release MFD working? I've tried it 6 times now in different scenarios, and still nothing. Help?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You need to be on the releasee for Release MFD

Xantcha

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I haven't tried release MFD so I can't help there either.

But you can detach swiftSS stages without it.
To do that press 'A' to enter attachment mode - debug string with attachmet information will appear. Then press LSHIFT + NUMPAD_0 to detach. That's all.

You can cycle through attachments with LSHIFT + NUMPAD_4 and LSHIFT + NUMPAD_6 if there are several attachment point. Also you can press 'A' again to leave attachment mode and hide debug string.
It's standard way of dealing with attachments for Spacecraft3-based vessels. Hope it helps you with SwiftSS

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So I'm flying the SwiftSS. At the proper time, I call up ReleaseMFD on the SS booster to release myself from the big flat thing that brought me up here. I click, and nothing happens. Followed shortly by a very messy reentry. Why isn't release MFD working? I've tried it 6 times now in different scenarios, and still nothing. Help?

Hy penlu,

the ReleaseMeMFD comes in two different flavors - mouse-click and shortcut. You need to use the proper activation-method with either of them, i.e. click on the MFD-button in mouse-click mode and CTRL-D (Detach) in shortcut mode.

Additionally, keep in mind that it is a ReleaseMeMFD, not a ReleaseMFD. This means that the currently focused vessel is released from all parents, not the currently focused vessel releases all childs. Check the state-message of the MFD (FREE or ATTACHED) to see if your vessel is attached at all.

hope that helps,
Face

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Hy penlu,

the ReleaseMeMFD comes in two different flavors - mouse-click and shortcut. You need to use the proper activation-method with either of them, i.e. click on the MFD-button in mouse-click mode and CTRL-D (Detach) in shortcut mode.

Additionally, keep in mind that it is a ReleaseMeMFD, not a ReleaseMFD. This means that the currently focused vessel is released from all parents, not the currently focused vessel releases all childs. Check the state-message of the MFD (FREE or ATTACHED) to see if your vessel is attached at all.

hope that helps,
Face
*cough* SHIFT-D *cough* Not CTRL *cough* *cough* :)
Also, if you use the shift mode, be sure to use Right Shift if ReleaseMFD is on the right, and Left Shift if it's on the left.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
*cough* SHIFT-D *cough* Not CTRL *cough* *cough* :)
Also, if you use the shift mode, be sure to use Right Shift if ReleaseMFD is on the right, and Left Shift if it's on the left.

D'oh! You're right, of course! Thanks for pointing that out.

Guess I shouldn't post after working 24h getting that dreaded ceiling panels up there for 25 square meters.

cheers,
Face