OHM Rendezvous MFD 050621

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: dc3dreamer

This MFD allows you to perform a precise approach to rendezvous with minimum fuel usage. It uses Hill's equations (also known as Clohessy-Wiltshire equations) to generate a desired approach profile based only on the interceptor's present position and a de

DOWNLOAD

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is this code still working nicely 8 years and new Orbiter version later?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice enough to use.

It has some quirks. The Autoburn will not work in an External MFD. Change positions in a VC and it will loose its place and you have to start again (which is why when I used to use this I always used it in an Ext MFD).

But yeah, otherwise it works it good. Used it many many times on a number of targets with tremendous sucess.

Reaction score
Well ,actually, after testing it with multiple addons, It just doesn't work too well, honestly.
Often, when I am close to the ISS and I initiate autoburn, it's like it doesn't know what it is doing, is sends me away from the object I am trying to get to, and so on.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You are screwing something up. Either you are not using an ideal time for intercept, or you are using it too close to the station and it is making you fly circles around your target prior to intercept.

Try using it about an orbit prior to overtaking.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
When I used this I started with a DTime...I think that is what this MFD calls it.....of about 2400, and then tweaked from there.....making sure I get a nice low intercept velocity and not fly loops around the target while I do it. I like a simple ground up trajectory.

And I didnt really trust the autoburn function too much either. Maybe for just the first burn, the Ti....after that, I just stuck the ship in a simple 0-0-0 LVLH attitude and corrected the path using linear RCS.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
So far, this is working for me just fine in Orbiter2016, autoburn and all. :tiphat:

And I highly recommend it for those that want to perfect their rendezvous technique.