Replay with sound

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I know that Orbiter comes with a built-in Replay function, but what I think would be nice is the ability to also record sound from a microphone as well. So when someone replay's a scenario (or in the case I want, a tutorial), they can hear a voice dictating what to do.

I can't imagine this would be terribly hard to make, but then again, I don't know .dll coding

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You can simply record your instructions, convert them to mp3 and instruct the user to play it simultaneously with the playback. One could even play it through orbitersound.

IMO this would be too much coding effort (especialy if you implement encoding) for too little effect. It would be very very nice to have though!

fort

Reaction score
I work since two years on an interface using the help system in orbiter implemented in scenario files (Help,notes,notes) , that means coding html pages with the use of javascript, giving the possibilities to read files from the HD, in the help window, and i was since some month trying to find the best video viewer (swf/flv) with the best config, giving the less charge for the CPU and this in wmode/transparency... I think that i've finished to experiment today( but i'm completely down) with a good result. I've work all along with the video tutorial "Europa to Callisto" made by rdenny that it's necessary to view in a 500/250 format, or something around, for a good visibility of the MFD of the tutorial. So searching to have the best performances for that sort of video was really necessary.

For sure, it is also possible to use it as an audio player.

It's far from to be finished but i think that in some weeks, i should have do the hardest part of the code. The great problem (but i think that i'm not alone in that case) is that i'm always thinkink that i must be able to find, again and again, a best config, a better code for this and for that. Sometimes it appears that it was usefull. Sometimes not. But as the file must be very compact to be used in Orbiter, i think that i'm not completely in the error.

So in september.

But for sure, coded in C and in a MFD by example ( but one can always use orbiter sound for sounds as TsPenguin says it)...

fort