Richard Hatch "Apollo" of BSG, RIP

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/battlestar-galactica-star-richard-hatch-dies-71-012816529.html

He was the original Apollo back in the 1978 version of Battlestar Galactica, and later got involved in the 2004 version by playing a villain. All those years in between he kept lobbying hard to keep the franchise alive and bring it back, and finally got his wish in the 2000's. Always liked this guy and as a young boy looked up to Apollo and Starbuck.

He will be missed. "So say we all!"

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Sad to hear.

I saw him last in the Star Trek fanfilm, "Prelude to Axanar", playing Klingon Commander Kharn.

I thought he was outstanding in the reboot BSG.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Watching The Expanse on SyFy channel just now they posted a memorial on screen for him.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
He was good in BSG, he was politically scary, he promised everyone everything saying they all should be living much better and the Cylon threat not real when in reality they were already at 100 to 1 odds for survival and that is if they could stick together with this clown trying to tip the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Sad news.
Also, this is the tombstone on the whole Axanar project... lawsuit or not.

Andy44

Addon Developer
Reaction score
When he surfaced on the 2004 BSG as Zarek I was surprised at how young he still looked; I hadn't seen his face on TV for over 20 years.

iu