OHM RSB-Electron v171022

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: crisbeta

Electron is a two-stage orbital launch vehicle developed by New Zealand aerospace company Rocket Lab to cover the commercial small satellite launch segment (CubeSats).

In December 2016, Rocket Lab announced the Electron had completed flight qualification. The first rocket was launched on 25 May 2017, reaching space but not achieving orbit.

The meshes are autogenerated with RSB-Rocket Stage Builder (https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7104)

This project creates stages/rocket/launchers that are not custom created for Orbiter. Visualization improvments will come later as Rocket Stage Builder tool evolves.

Real specifications are used as data are available. Some data may contain aproximations(were no data are available).

Last update:
- small textures improvements

Launchers:
- Electron - Mahia LC1

Required add-ons:
- Multistage2015 - for Orbiter 2016(http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7010)

Documentation:
- Doc\RSB-Rockets\RSB-Electron.txt

Credits:
- Fred18 for Multistage2015
- Rocket Lab (https://www.rocketlabusa.com) - textures

DOWNLOAD

crisbeta

Reaction score
I used a trick to generate the first stage 9 engines with Rocket Stage Builder. :lol:

First I generated the outer 8 engines and the I generated the center engine and edit the mesh. In a future release of Rocket Stage Builder I will generate automatically.

:tiphat:

crisbeta

Reaction score
Do you need the client for textures to show?

The Rocket Stage Builder (https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7104) is not required.

I checked again the zip file. Textures are in the right place and the meshes use the correct path.

Example RSB-Electron-Pf_1.msh (at the end of file)
Code:
TEXTURES 1
RSB-Rockets/Electron/ElectronFair.dds

Could it be "/" vs "\" in the path?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
The guidance made it crash into the ocean, while still on the first stage!
It reached about 10km, started to point horizontal and then down, and it crashed.
No time acceleration used.

Other than that, it's a fun rocket and it launches from a new place :thumbup:

crisbeta

Reaction score
The guidance made it crash into the ocean, while still on the first stage!
It reached about 10km, started to point horizontal and then down, and it crashed.
No time acceleration used.

I couldn't reproduce the issue.

The guidance was optimized for low pitch difference between gravity turn and PEG program.

Please try to change the first line in guidance (Config\RSB-Rockets\Electron\Electron.txt) with this one:

Code:
-10=orbit(200,200,-83,1,89.5)

This is not efficient, but at least it should put the second stage into orbit.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I'll try that.
I'm sure that it works on your computer!
On mine multistage guidance is giving slightly different results on each run.... interesting.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Textures don't show for me, and I installed everything as it came in the zip file.

I don not have the D3D9 client. Could that be the issue?

I must say crisbeta, I admire your initiative. One can turn any axisymmetric rocket design into an Orbiter add-on very quickly now.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Textures don't show for me, and I installed everything as it came in the zip file.

I think so. I don't think the inline client can handle the non-standard resolution of the textures. So, the solution is really simple: Make sure that both the width and height resolutions of the textures are powers of two (IE, 64, 128, 256, 512 etc.). The textures do not have to be square, they can be rectangular (IE, a 256x512 texture is perfectly fine).

crisbeta

Reaction score
I think so. I don't think the inline client can handle the non-standard resolution of the textures. So, the solution is really simple: Make sure that both the width and height resolutions of the textures are powers of two (IE, 64, 128, 256, 512 etc.). The textures do not have to be square, they can be rectangular (IE, a 256x512 texture is perfectly fine).
Thank you! I didn't know that. You save me a lot of time with your tip :hailprobe:
Last time I lost a lot of time with inline client (ghost stage) because some optional parameters are not as "optional" :lol:

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Sorry that I forgot to test it also for inline client. :facepalm:

I will check all the RSB add-ons that are with textures and I will fix this issue.

crisbeta

Reaction score
Textures for default graphical client

Latest release fix the issue with textures in default graphical client :tiphat:

crisbeta

Reaction score
New update v171022

Last update:
- small textures improvements