Rudder Pedals

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi. I would assume that I would be able to use rudder pedals in orbiter (via fly-by-wire). What brand of rudder pedals do you have (if any), and what to you recommend? The CH rudder pedals
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000512IE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[URL="http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0000512IE/ref=cm_cr_pr_link_3?%5Fencoding=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&pageNumber=3"]"]Amazon.com: CH Products Pro Pedals USB Flight Simulator Pedals ( 300-111 ): Electronics[/ame]
look pretty good (and reasonably priced) but I read a review that said if you are using these rudder pedals, the computer will not recognize any other control device unless it is a CH product :mad:. Does anyone have these pedals, and is this really the case?

dutchpirate

XR Fleet Skin Designer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you are looking at buying pedals just to get yaw control, there are a number of reasonably prices joysticks that allow you to twist the stick for yaw control. I very much like the Saitek Aviator because it also has 8 programmable toggles, with three shift modes, for a total of 24 configurable toggle switches. That number doesn't even include the trigger, three thumb buttons, and the POV. Also it has dual throttles. FbW allows you to assign retro or hover thrust to the second throttle lever, so there's a lot of functionality. The same site you have linked for the pedals is listing the Aviator $40 brand new.

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I know about joystick yaw. My logitech has yaw. I just wanted the feel of flying with rudder pedals. Any recommendations?

UFO64

Reaction score
I use the CH pedals. Never tried it with orbiter, only with x-plane. I've never gotten a joystick that can come close to the extra control they give me. Even my Saitek X52 isn't nearly as accurate as they are. Just be cautious of the wire on the far side of the pedals. Mines gotten beat up from being pushed on a wall!

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hey UFO64, could you do me a huge favor and try them out on orbiter for like 5 or 10 minutes with fly-by-wire (on orbithangar)? Before I spend $100 plus shipping, it would be best to know that they work. That would be great. Thanks,
Mark