Screen flashes white (Vista)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
I don't know what could be causing this, but I've recently installed Vista on my PC and moved my old orbiter install to it. I'm using the VistaBoost module to keep orbiter somewhat playable, I've got the latest drivers for my video card (nVidia 8800 GTS 512), and I'm not using AA/AF. I typically run Orbiter fullscreen, at 1920*1200, at 32 bpp, with vertical sync on. The screen randomly flashes white every 2-5 seconds. Does anyone have an idea as to what might be wrong?

Jarvitä

Reaction score

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Please read the last post in the thread TS mentioned: http://orbiter-forum.com/showpost.php?p=27892&postcount=12.

The second thread turned up by the forum search that TS posted references the same solution: http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5515 The response from the user was:

Well, believe it or not it seems the problem is solved after I turned off the sidebar! Thank you so much TSPenguin and dbeachy! I can never imagine the solution could be this easy. Flawless! Thanks again my friends!! :speakcool: :cheers:

penlu

Reaction score
This happened to me quite a few times on one Vista, none at all on the other. ???. The problem with the first was that there are some random background programs running (like your antivirus) and Orbiter would keep flashing, not respond to key commands, then suddenly minimize. Disastrous when a DGIV auto was running. I don't know about you, but that was the case for me. And Orbiter flashes randomly sometimes anyway (though a lot less frequently than yours!).