News Shooting at Washington D.C. Holocaust musuem.

Ark

Reaction score
Indeed. It must have been REAL awkward to invite a neighbor over to dinner only to have him drop the "I think the Holocaust was a Zionist scam" bomb. Eeek.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
Another incident which shows that our societies partly are full of mentally ill minds that are not worth existing. I'm serious.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Another incident which shows that our societies partly are full of mentally ill minds that are not worth existing. I'm serious.
The guy is about 90 years old. Wait a couple of years, and he probably won't exist anymore. ;) (assuming he doesn't just die of injuries)

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Well, sometimes I wonder how mentally healthy people are. Internet let me to see how bad mental health is around the globe, not only here.

I came to the idea that evil is the product of not being happy, not mentally healthy. A truly happy and mentally healthy person does not need to cause harm and he would feel fine when other people are happy.

We are being taught about being unhappy around the world, and media only confuses us. Hatred is the most extreme sadness that becomes rotten, because it was not properly treated in time.

In 5000 years you may not have currently existing countries, and probably our civilization might leave only a few plastic bags in a landfill, toxic and nuclear waste and glass bottles and rusty artifacts, and all these killings in wars or strikes of mentally ill people who kill inocents, will make no sense. Future archeologists may think we loved human sacrifices as we played videogames of killing people, and they will say we had a theocracy because we worship politicians as if they were gods.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score

I urge you to redefine "mentally ill".

Perhaps next you will suggest that acts such as lobotomy should be reintroduced, or that any free thought is a mental illness.

The person who commited this horrible crime is not mentally ill, but evil.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I doubt the shooter deserves our deepest sympathy for being "mentally ill". Mentally ill was once used for people who did just not want to fit into the rigid rules of society. Don't wear a beard? Mentally Ill. Speak against the supreme leader - mentally ill. Listen to Elvis Presley - mentally ill.

Being a Nazi is not mentally ill, it is just stupid. And killing a person with your stupidity is not less criminal. The question is just: Where was the society to at least moderate him? It rarely happens that somebody just picks a gun and decides to become a extremist Nazi. He had been a Nazi for most of his life, probably with his society around him pushing him forward in his believes instead of telling him to halt.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
I have no mercy with those who favour the Holocaust and the ideology behind it. Those are not just stupid or evil. They are quite ill. Try to talk with them and you'll notice. Those minds are washed. And for Nazi-grandpas there is no chance of healing anyway.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
"Mentally ill" is often a code word for an excuse to bypass due process of law. If someone commits an evil act, you must investigate, gather evidence, indict, and convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt in order to lock the guy up. This protects individuals against malicious prosecution.

But we don't want to waste all the time and energy on that, only to risk an aquittal, now, do we?

So we'll classify him as "mentally ill" in order to deny him his right to a fair hearing under the law. We don't need no stinkin' Magna Carta!

In fact, we can classify any bevavior or belief system we find repugnant as "mentally ill", can't we?

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The "mental illness" card is played too often in these times when "personal responsability" has become a politically incorrect concept. What happened to the idea that people are responsible for their actions, and for all the good and bad actions they do?