Question Shuttle Fleet 4.7 Multiple Engines Out Loss-of-Control

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've been for a while trying to maintain control of the space shuttle stack when having two-engines out with the remaining engine being the left or right one, and almost always loosing control of the vehicle. Anyone having tips as to what can / should be done when the engines fail? I know we're loosing a big chunk of control authority but still... I don't think it should be that worse!

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but what is your frame rate?

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
40-60ish, depending... but usually not a problem... My issue really is with the fact that even with the stick at the hard-stop, the shuttle just doesn't seem to gimbal properly on the remaining engine and I end up entering an accelerating spin and roll from which recovery is impossible.

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
I believe that it is because Shuttle Fleet dosn't have engine gimbaling. It instead uses several invisible RCS thusters for ascent attitude control and they are unable to contol the off nominal thrust. In any real engine out, the remaining engines are gimbaled to account for lost engine. This is known as Thrust Vector Control (TVC)

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured... just wanted to make sure I wasn't incompetent by being the only one with the issue... A good upgrade would be for the next version to correct this and while I am not asking for full TVC implementation, the remaining engines should still point their thrust vector towards the CoG.

Two engines out is pretty much a LOCV event in any case otherwise, even at the Single engine TAL callout!