Shuttle Fleet Shuttle Fleet (BETA) for Orbiter 2010

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Alright, sleep is over-rated. So, here is a BETA of the Shuttle Fleet for Orbiter 2010. You should be familar already with the shuttle fleet as there is no current documentation yet for this version. Included in this package is an updated Shuttle Training Aircraft. The only key changes are Shift+X in place of CTRL+X and Shift+Z will now shift the view to the ODS view and toggle the COAS overlay as well. Please post bug reports to this thread. There is currently no RPOP_MFD or GPCMFD yet developed for this version of the fleet.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You David :woohoo: Just downloaded it. Cant wait to try. Just Launched Columbia. Perfect lift off and ascent. PEA-55.84K, APA-228.9K. Great Ride. Good to here ATC again.

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Issues / Bugs / Problems? Post here...

I really don't mind the low ratings on the released package, but I do wish that if folks have a problem with the package, they would at least post their complaints/bugs/issues here. I have never been much of a fan of the changes to the rating/feedback system at OH. Anybody can trash an add-on without ever posting a reason.

Mantis

Reaction score
I can't imagine why people would give this a low rating. It's fantastic. Thank-you veyr much for your hard work. This has always been my favorite addon and it's wonderful to have it back in Orbiter 2010.

So far I've flown a couple of missions with it and the only issue that I've found is that there seems to bea missing OMS texture - when the engines burned to do the re-entry burn, there was no thrust animation.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can't imagine why people would give this a low rating. It's fantastic. Thank-you veyr much for your hard work. This has always been my favorite addon and it's wonderful to have it back in Orbiter 2010.

So far I've flown a couple of missions with it and the only issue that I've found is that there seems to bea missing OMS texture - when the engines burned to do the re-entry burn, there was no thrust animation.

Thanks. I'm investigating the missing OMS now; this has been reported elsewhere and I also noticed it this morning while I was continuing testing.

Thanks again...
Dave

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
My Orbiter group, OrbiSondas, gives thank you so much! :cheers::tiphat:

Mantis

Reaction score
One other thing that I noticed is that with the AutoFCS, I don't have any bases available to select. All I have listed is DIR Earth\Base and SSU Control\Base.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
One other thing that I noticed is that with the AutoFCS, I don't have any bases available to select. All I have listed is DIR Earth\Base and SSU Control\Base.

That's not a Shuttle Fleet issue per se, that has to do with AutoFCS. Simply put, it is an issue with Earth.cfg. Open that file, and under "Surface Bases" change it to read:

Code:
DIR Earth\Base
KSC: -80.675 +28.5208
END_SURFBASE

Then copy the Canaveral.cfg file from the Config\Earth\Base directory into the Config directory and rename it KSC.cfg. That should give you a base to target under AutoFCS.

Mantis

Reaction score
That's not a Shuttle Fleet issue per se, that has to do with AutoFCS. Simply put, it is an issue with Earth.cfg. Open that file, and under "Surface Bases" change it to read:

Code:
DIR Earth\Base
KSC: -80.675 +28.5208
END_SURFBASE

Then copy the Canaveral.cfg file from the Config\Earth\Base directory into the Config directory and rename it KSC.cfg. That should give you a base to target under AutoFCS.

That did it! thanks again.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks so much david !
Orbiter wouldn't be the same without "the fleet".

I know this is not your issue but I really miss beeing able to have a higher quality launch-tower; for some reason I can't get LC39-v8 to work in Orbiter 2010.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
{...}I have never been much of a fan of the changes to the rating/feedback system at OH. Anybody can trash an add-on without ever posting a reason.

If they want to rate your addon poorly that is their prerogative. They shouldn't have to leave comments to simply rate, good or bad.

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
Amazing addon, Shuttle Fleet 4.3 would have been to only reason I would have used Orbiter 2006.
A minor thing I would like is to have the smoke trial linger a lot longer like in a real launch.
Thank you for all your hard work!:tiphat:

ddom2006

Reaction score
Is there a link to it? Apologies if the link is posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Rach

Reaction score
what is the procedure to perform an automatic launch?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Step 1: Read the manual. The proceedure should be the same as the old shuttle fleet.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
The manual isn't included in this version :lol: it should be as simple as pressing the "+" key though.. worked fine here.

Rach

Reaction score
the step 1 dont work!
1º There isn't manual in this beta
2º The procedure in the 2006 shuttle use the gpcMFD for automated launch (ITEM 777) and there isn't gpcMFD in this version.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

OK. The plus key dont work for me the first time (the shuttle pitch down and crash). But now work perfect :shrug:

Thank you!