Idea Shuttle Fleet recompile for Orbiter 2016

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, direction -1 Y
If you're talking about the ET umbilical well cameras on the orbiter, then they need to look straight down. I've attached a photo from STS-118 that shows one of the many photos that the still photo camera in the LOX ET umbilical well takes after ET sep.

Attachments

• s118e05003.jpg
    s118e05003.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So we get this et jettisoned:
XkRC6Rx.jpg

before jettison. You see the camera setting
dxYnz4J.jpg

Marg

Reaction score
If X,Y,Z are adjustable it should be OK. Clipping should not be a big issue. Camera is intended to be used after ET separation. But during launch it could also interesting, if using mouse for look-around - mainly down to SRB skirt.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I do not want to keep anyone away from the 2016 Space Shuttle add-on development. However, I want to say that this page was originally an add-on request to compile the original Shuttle Fleet with Orbiter 2016. Gattispilot then suggested to copy the stock Atlantis to recreate the Shuttle Fleet of 2016. The implementation of that suggestion led to the development of a wholly new Space Shuttle add-on.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I do not want to keep anyone away from the 2016 Space Shuttle add-on development. However, I want to say that this page was originally an add-on request to compile the original Shuttle Fleet with Orbiter 2016. Gattispilot then suggested to copy the stock Atlantis to recreate the Shuttle Fleet of 2016. The implementation of that suggestion led to the development of a wholly new Space Shuttle add-on.
Yes. Maybe it needs to be moved to project?

Marg

Reaction score
X-38 is really a bit something else. There are still STS payloads not made...
I just go through STS missions, noticed that DSP satellite (STS-44) was cool looking, now with all D3D9 abilities (like environmental mapping) it could be great looking... there are even some 3ds models in Internet (payware though).

Jeremyxxx

Reaction score
X-38 is really a bit something else. There are still STS payloads not made...
I just go through STS missions, noticed that DSP satellite (STS-44) was cool looking, now with all D3D9 abilities (like environmental mapping) it could be great looking... there are even some 3ds models in Internet (payware though).

Second thought, Do the X-38 as a separate addon outside of the Shuttle Fleet.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I think the project maybe the way to go.

Working on sts41C and the solarmax . Redid the solarmax so you can change out the ACP and MEB(Main Electronics Board). Redid the solar panels so they are correct.
B383c6Z.jpg

One thing I was wondering about is how to keep track of what to do (key presses,.....). I saw NoteMFD. But I couldn't get any files to load.

You need to switch to different vessels and press keys, open windows,....

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
rebuilding Solarmax. But Have run into a code issue.

Basically the panels rotate down 90 degrees, unfold and then rotate 15 degrees.

I can get the panels to rotate the 90 and then unfold. But I have a sphere that I need to be a parent and the whole assembly is carried with it rotation

Code:
// SOLAR PANEL FOLD

static UINT SGrp1[1] = { GRP_FIXEDSOLARARMS };//PANELARM  fixed
    static MGROUP_ROTATE SPANEL1A(0, SGrp1, 1, _V(0, 0, 0), _V(0, 1, 0), (float)(-30 * RAD));
    // panels and arm rotate down 90 degrees

static UINT SGrp2[5] = { GRP_SOLARPANEL1CENTERC ,GRP_SOLARPANEL1CENTERB ,GRP_SOLARPANEL1CENTERA,GRP_SOLARPANEL1CENTERD,  GRP_SOLARARM1 };//PANELARM and center panel

solarparent = AddAnimationComponent(anim_SPANELrotate, 0, 1, &SPANEL1A);

SPANEL_anim[0] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(0, SGrp2, 5, _V(1.053, 1.327, 0), _V(0, 0, 1), (float)(-90 * RAD));

static UINT SGrp3[3] = { GRP_SOLARPANEL1END2B ,GRP_SOLARPANEL1END2A ,GRP_PANEL1HINGE2 };// END PANEL1
    SPANEL_anim[1] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(0, SGrp3, 3, _V(.8113019, 2.492185, -.5825786), _V(0, 1, 0), (float)(180 * RAD));

static UINT SGrp4[3] = { GRP_SOLARPANEL1END1B ,GRP_SOLARPANEL1END1A ,GRP_PANEL1HINGEA };//END PANEL2

SPANEL_anim[2] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(0, SGrp4, 3, _V(.8028569, 2.490814, .5800284), _V(0, -1, 0), (float)(180 * RAD));

solarparent1A = AddAnimationComponent(anim_SPANEL, 0, .3, SPANEL_anim[0],solarparent);//FOLDS DOWN
     AddAnimationComponent(anim_SPANEL, .3, .6, SPANEL_anim[1], solarparent1A);//ENDPANEL OPEN
     AddAnimationComponent(anim_SPANEL, .6, 1, SPANEL_anim[2], solarparent1A);//ENDPANEL OPEN

// sphere becomes parent of the arm and panels and rotates 15 degrees.
     static UINT SGrp1A[1] = { GRP_sphere01 };//PANELARM ghost sphere for to rotate the arm and panel

SPANEL_anim[3] = new MGROUP_ROTATE(0, SGrp1A, 1, _V(1.053, 1.327, 0), _V(0, 1, 0), (float)(-15 * RAD));

AddAnimationComponent(anim_SPANELFOLD, 0, 1, SPANEL_anim[3]);//ROTATES

CTarana45

Reaction score
So I think the project maybe the way to go.

Working on sts41C and the solarmax . Redid the solarmax so you can change out the ACP and MEB(Main Electronics Board). Redid the solar panels so they are correct.
B383c6Z.jpg

One thing I was wondering about is how to keep track of what to do (key presses,.....). I saw NoteMFD. But I couldn't get any files to load.

You need to switch to different vessels and press keys, open windows,....

The first place I look is the manual for the addon! The NotesMFD works fine in Orbiter 2006p1! Place a folder named (notes) in Orbiter's Base Folder. That's where the .txt files go! I read the manual for the USS Excelsior fine!

Thanks, John!

Christopher Tarana

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. I figure out the note mfd. It is a way to get all the key info. The critical part was the folder name. It has to be "(notes)". Got the panels to work also.

ibR1LlN.jpg

So is there a trick on the lighting. Notice how the eva guy and somethings are darker. They are vessels if that matters.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am updating the eva guys. And have noticed something. The guy has a PFR attached to his left hand. external view is good.
UvCLBJR.jpg

but in the cockpit view it is in front the hand.
6ifwQTM.jpg

in the pfr the mesh visibility is set to MESHVIS_ALWAYS || MESHVIS_EXTPASS) Any thoughts.

here the mst tool isin front of the hand
AYifSJM.jpg

but in the external view it is correct
trL4j0Y.jpg

the tool is just cfg for the mesh and attachment points.

the guys mesh visibilty is MESHVIS_ALWAYS . I tried to make it this:MESHVIS_ALWAYS || MESHVIS_EXTPASS and you could not see the guys hand

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It depends where the item is in the scenario. Try putting the pfr before the EVA guy.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I moved the tool in front:
msttool:MSTOOL
STATUS Orbiting Earth
RPOS 6063280.852 -152299.932 2677052.119
RVEL -1081.8957 -7413.1025 1988.5044
AROT 77.198 39.627 135.206
ATTACHED 0:0,Pierre_J_Thuot
AFCMODE 7
NAVFREQ 0 0
END
Pierre_J_Thuot:SHUTTLEEVA1
LEFTARMRAISE 0.5000
LEFTARMROLL 1.0000
LEFTARMSWING 0.7180

same results

Could it be the view is too close and being clipped?

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Try non clipping in Dx9 setup.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes that was set. I think it has to do with mesh visibility.

The default mode after adding a mesh is MESHVIS_EXTERNAL. MESHVIS_EXTPASS can't be used on its own, but as a modifier to any of the other visibility modes. If specified, it forces the mesh to be rendered in Orbiter's external render pass, even if it is labelled as internal (e.g. MESHVIS_COCKPIT or MESHVIS_VC). The significance of the external render pass is that it allows the mesh to be obscured by other objects in front of it. However, objects in the external render pass are clipped at a camera distance of 2.5m. Meshes that are rendered during the internal pass always cover all other objects, and have a smaller clipping distance. Use the MESHVIS_EXTPASS modifier for parts of the vessel that are visible from the cockpit, but are not close to the camera and may be obscured by other objects. An example is the Shuttle payload bay, which can be covered by payload objects.

but if I set the guy to MESHVIS_EXTPASS you don't see the hand. That might be clipping. MAy just live with the external view

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We have run into an issue.
In the shuttle Vc you can use the ALT to move the view. BUT when you create a guy and switch back to the shuttle the view is locked. When the guy is deleted, you get control back.

Here is the code to make the eva guy:

Code:
strcpy(crew1_name, "Eva_1");
    strcpy(crew1_cfg, "SHUTTLEEVA1");
Code:
void Atlantis::SpawnEVA(void)
{
    if ((EVA1 == 0) && (EXT_proc>.8)){
        //if (EXT_status == HATCH_DOWN){
        if (GetAttachmentStatus(ft_pad_att) == NULL)
        {
            if ((ODS == 1) || (EXTAIRLOCK == 1))ft_pad_att_pos = _V(0, 0.3, 8.5);

SetAttachmentParams(ft_pad_att, ft_pad_att_pos, _V(0, 1, 0), _V(0, 0, -1));

//OBJHANDLE hVessel;
            VESSELSTATUS vs;
            GetStatus(vs);
            hMMU = oapiCreateVessel(crew1_name, crew1_cfg, vs);

VESSEL *v = oapiGetVesselInterface(hMMU);
            ATTACHMENTHANDLE hAttWFC = v->GetAttachmentHandle(true, 0);
            AttachChild(hMMU, ft_pad_att, hAttWFC);
            oapiSetFocusObject(hMMU);
            EVA1 = 1;
            //}
        }
    }
}

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
you make a wonderful MMU with movable limbs. it will be a universal remedy? it will be possible to apply it to another model of the spacesuit or replace the existing spacesuit? (no coding)