Updates SLS Updates

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
I wonder how the Apollo 8´s CM smelled like after splashdown.
Any manned system is quite smelly. Some astronauts call it the smell of space. But you only realize it after landing once you breathe fresh air, and especially the guys that welcome the crew after hatch opening. What I found interesting was the description of Mir's smell once you entered: like an oily basement 😄 What's also interesting is the smell of an airlock after repressurization as it releases any particles that settled before. Some descripe it like a mixture of metall and meat/food leftovers...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
malreynolds-firefly.gif

Yet, NASA has this in their youtube channel

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Any manned system is quite smelly. Some astronauts call it the smell of space. But you only realize it after landing once you breathe fresh air, and especially the guys that welcome the crew after hatch opening. What I found interesting was the description of Mir's smell once you entered: like an oily basement 😄 What's also interesting is the smell of an airlock after repressurization as it releases any particles that settled before. Some descripe it like a mixture of metall and meat/food leftovers...

Apollo XI was quarantined, so I'd say the recovery crew followed NBC protocols, more or less ☣️

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
I would expect HQ images/videos of the first mission to the Moon with a manned system in the 21st century, 50 years after the last visit. Especially of the Earth. I hope there is more to come...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Nice views of the Moon... too bad NASA still hasn't figured out the meaning of "aspect-ratio", and is streching the image... 🤦‍♂️

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Wow, there are we all in that image...

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
AOS! There we are again!:hailprobe:

jarmonik

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Really nice view there. Hope to see it some day...