Some more spine-chilling Hallowe'en Radio

Staiduk

Reaction score
Hello folks.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Just in case you think you're the type of person who doesn't get scared by radio plays, I'm offering a few tidbits from the great master of radio terror. Radio plays aren't scary are they? They're old! They're hokey! NO-ONE is scared by radio plays!

Or are they? Are YOU?

Allow me to introduce you to one of the greatest masters of fear the radio has ever produced: Arch Oboler; the producer and lead voice talent of Lights Out!; a radio program popular in the 1950's. For years he introduced Americans to fear with ghoulish fun and humour.

On this All Hallows Eve; let Mr. Oboler take you for a ride into fright and terror; as only he can. Turn your lights out. Yes, all of them, as he says. Let yourself be posessed by this greatest of radio demons.

Here is his Introduction.
And here are a couple of his greatest works:
The piece that directly follows the introduction on the record:
I'm Hungry, a psychotic story with a Peter Lorre knockoff describing the events. The horror comes not from the events described, but (and in this, radio truly shines) from the horrible sound of the saw cutting...cutting...cutting away...
Taking Papa Home: a story of suspense that slowly builds from amusement to sheer bowel-twisting terror as a woman drives her just-retired husband home: a husband who has had a few too many at his company retirement party.

Perhaps the most famous of Arch Oboler's chilling works: Chicken Heart; a terrifying short story playing on our fears about science gone wild.

My personal favourite: a horrifying monologue by the most terrifying of professionals, according to my own fears: The Dentist

And lastly, perhaps the greatest of Arch Oboler's works: made famous by innumerable parodies - perhaps the funniest being The Simpsons' Hallowe'en Special: The Dark

Finally let us move from radio to T.V.; and enjoy the finest Hallowe'en music video ever. I'm no fan of the artist, but this video is superb. Perhaps legendary Hollywood Director John Landis's best work; and one of the most memorable music videos ever made.

Love the radio; even as you quake in fear. Don't look into the blackness of your small room; there's nothing to see.

Really.

Those fangs? Oh, they're nothing more than coat hangers! Those claws? They're just clothespins, aren't they?

Err...aren't they?

Do you hear something? I'm sure it's nothing....really.

After all...you're all alone.

Aren't you? ;)

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Awful creepy looking shadows over on the "under construction" side of my power plant. Lots of places for things to hide.