Songs to listen to while flying

Keatah

Reaction score
Right now I only have Air on a G String and Space Oddity. I'm going to add Blue Danube (mostly for docking sequences), Also Sprach Zarathustra, and some stuff from the Apollo 13 soundtrack. Classical stuff seems best fitting for space in my opinion.

Absolutely yes!
And don't forget the new-age ambient stuff from hearts of space or like constance demby and jonn serrie.

brian eno's 1-note elevator music is totally awersome, the hour long composition consists of variations on 1 note only. And this is cool for hiding behind the gas giants and listening to interstellar noise!!

webtek

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How about The Ecstasy of Gold by Ennio Morricone? Tex used it on his Earth, Venus, Earth, Mars flight movie. I would recommend it on launches, reentries, aerobraking maneuvers, etc.
Here it is:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I mostly listen to anything that is related to a subject. For orbiter. Space ambiance is recommended :thumbup:

I listen to Jonn Serrie's tracks and they are jawdropping :OMG:

Here is one track called "Starmoods" from his album "Planetary Chronicles Volume 1"
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPlLtS6-9A"]YouTube - Starmoods (Jonn Serrie)[/ame]

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The Ecstasy of Gold? I used it as a closing tune in my lecture on the Moon Race...

EDIT: for those who don't remember, the Moon Race was lost by the USSR...

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The US would never have got there, if not for the competition.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I like to listen to this whenever I fly a Soyuz.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
YouTube - Trololo Sing Along!
I like to listen to this whenever I fly a Soyuz.

:rofl::rofl: BTW, this song was meant to be about a happy cowboy returning home, but in Soviet Union there could not be songs about cowboys, so they have just removed the words, replacing them with ya-ya-ya-ya-yaaaa, ohohohohooooo! :rofl:

Keatah

Reaction score
finally! Somebody likes JS!

Finally! :tiphat: Somebody that likes JS! Did you know he is a pilot and official composer of planetarium music?

Anyways, I like these compilations:

And The Stars Go With You (remastered version)
Thousand Star
Flightpath
Tingiri
The Stargazer's Journey
Planetary Chronicles nos. 1 & 2

The movements I like most:
Stratos
Glyder
Goldstone
Pan Galactic
Course Projection On Tactical

And when I wanna all-out jam I'll crank up:
Iridani
Sky Safari

When he gets going with Sky Safari, man that is just beyond coolness. And aren't those 'space traffic control' playbacks radical in Pan Galactic and CPOT ?? WOW! And when I want an all out heavy jam session just tune in Iridani!!

Best experienced on a 60" screen with Klipsch and Bose reference. It just doesn't get any better. But, please, mind you, Orbiter is just as fun on my 14" laptop with headphones, which is where I'm allowed to play mostly.

Other new age-ish stuff I like are Jeanne Newhall, Horizont, Oysten Sevag, Tangerine Dream, David Lanz, Paul Speer, Dancing Fantasy, Mike Oldfield (only The Songs of Distant Earth though), Bear McCreary, Hearts of Space programs, and Windham Hill albums. YEH, NOW WE ARE ROCKING!!

But as always JS is the quintessential background soundtrack for Orbiter! Make no mistake about that!

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
:rofl::rofl: BTW, this song was meant to be about a happy cowboy returning home, but in Soviet Union there could not be songs about cowboys, so they have just removed the words, replacing them with ya-ya-ya-ya-yaaaa, ohohohohooooo! :rofl:

Thats what you call a professional artist. Lady Gaga would just go home if her playback fails. :lol:

Hlynkacg

Aspiring rocket scientist
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
While my ex sees this as a sign of PTSD but, I like to listen to farsi Prayer songs while in the coast phase. Sadly the best source for these in the US is war movie soundtracks.

An example...

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The song is written in a Celtic lyric (possibly Irish, that good is my knowledge not to tell) - "I wait" is the proper translation.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

As contribution to the topic, something good from Hungary:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3UebW-dGPY"]YouTube - Paddy and the Rats - Drunken Sailor[/ame]

Dambuster

Reaction score
While my ex sees this as a sign of PTSD but, I like to listen to farsi Prayer songs while in the coast phase. Sadly the best source for these in the US is war movie soundtracks.

An example...

YouTube - Hans Zimmer - Black Hawk Down (Main Theme)

There's nothing wrong with liking that, I think some of them are quite beautiful tbh!

I haven't tried listening to those with Orbiter yet (then again I haven't been on Orbiter in a few months), but I'm definitely going to orbit with those when I can!