Project Soyuz 7k.dll

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You seem to be mixing up angles and vectors. use only vectors when using a matrix.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So those two bold lines are a wrong "shortcut" ?

Code:
		VECTOR3 lvpos = {0,0,1};
		GetGlobalOrientation(lvpos);

MATRIX3 R3;
		vs->GetRotationMatrix(R3);						//get rotation matrix
		lvpos = tmul(R3,lvpos);

[B]		double abs_Pitch = lvpos.x*DEG;
		double abs_Yaw = lvpos.y*DEG;[/B]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The part in front of it already, you already multiply angles by a rotation matrix.

diogom

Reaction score
Might have found a bug. The ship can't be docked using the Scenario Editor, the "Docking" button can't be pressed. Maybe the capture/hard-dock system is confusing it?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Might have found a bug. The ship can't be docked using the Scenario Editor, the "Docking" button can't be pressed. Maybe the capture/hard-dock system is confusing it?
Yes, the docking system is "scripted" and may not be compatible with the basic Orbiter docking implementation. I don't see it like a bug, more an extra challenge.

Press Shift-D to undock ;)

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

The part in front of it already, you already multiply angles by a rotation matrix.
It seems I'm on the good way, the coordinates I get allow to reference in (X, Y) format any point of the "celestial sphere" :

Code:
    if (gyro_uncage == 1)
    {
        VECTOR3 orientation;
        GetGlobalOrientation(orientation);    // this is a matrix into a vector...

double angleZ = orientation.x;
        double angleY = orientation.y;

sprintf(oapiDebugString(), "Angle X %+.1f | Angle Y %+.1f", angleY*DEG, angleZ*DEG);

}
... so from there, it should be possible to code an autopilot for global attitude keeping.

---------- Post added 12-04-11 at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-03-11 at 11:43 PM ----------

Cool, this time the gyro uncage thing works accurately ! It can even support x100 time acceleration, and auto-switches off if you press "T" one time too much. It keeps the spacecraft orientation relative to an ecliptic fixed point in a +/- 3° two-axis box (which was the accuracy of the real system, from the book I read). Very useful to set an orientation at day and perform the burn at night after a half-orbit.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

... and we have a .dll converted Salyut, UMmu-compatible (thanks Major_Tom & Artlav).

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Worked on the soft-docking / hard-docking thing in all situations I could think of (like if there is already a Soyuz docked to the station), it was not that simple but now I'd say that it works pretty well. It should fix Issue#025.

Nice little orbital station, huh ?

There will be another alpha release in the evening. ;)

I guess it is now time to focus on the Igla docking system (I feel I'm going to hate vectors again).

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Alpha version v0.16 released (private)

- Bugfixes : issues #025 to #027 fixed (to be confirmed), see changes.log
- Introduction of the Salyut Orbital Station (with keen authorization of Major Tom).
- Enhanced aerodynamics of the SA (drag/lift coefficient of 0.4).
- Better spacecraft manoeuvrability in DPO mode by adjustement of the COG and aft thrusters orientation (which means less fuel waste).
- Possibilty to transfer UMmu crews between Soyuz & Salyut (very basic feature for now).

As usual, report anything wrong or that seems wrong.

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Docking works :cheers: Docked to Salyut, 10% of DPO fuel left. The translation RCS is much better now :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Having problems with EVA. The cosmonaut shows up a bit off placed in the BO, and then more noticebly standing out the hatch, but the real prob comes when I get the 'naut back in stand-up place. I press Shift-2 in the Soyuz, but there's no ingress.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When docked or all the time ? This is very probably linked.

diogom

Reaction score
All the time. Initially noticed after I undocked from the Salyut in the "2 docked soyuzes" scn, but I get the same in the orbital insertion scn. When docked, can't get the cosmonaut to suit up.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
but I get the same in the orbital insertion scn. When docked, can't get the cosmonaut to suit up.

This is normal, as the case is not really defined for now. If I am correct the larger EVA airlock of the Salyut was used, allowing the deployement of the Orlan suit.

Initially noticed after I undocked from the Salyut in the "2 docked soyuzes" scn

Issue#028

That one is a bug. I will check this out. -> fixed (tbc)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Alpha version v0.17 released (private)

- Issue #028 fixed (EVA problem).
- Some work on the Salyut for better UMmu compatibility.
- Minor fixes.

Also, for better organisation, a social group has been created to make communication easier within the developpement team.