Updates Soyuz-TMA-21 "Yuri Gagarin" Updates

Columbia42

Reaction score
jimblah, if you want, you can also model the interiors of the Soyuz 7k. :lol:
Good luck with your project, I'm looking forward to seeing it in orbit. :thumbup:

Me too:thumbup: At some point I'm going to model some interiors for my upcoming N1-L3 addon. Don't know how similar 7K and LOK are.

Spectacular launch, BTW.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice night launch, the blue-violet colors were magnificent. Another success for the venerable R7, Korolev would be proud !

Heard ground control saying that according to telemetry, orbital parameters were nominal and that they are going to stay in orbit. The SoyuzTMA seems to have powered on correctly.

I'm amazed by the confidence of the crew, handwaving to the camera during the ascent ! Great cosmonauts and great astronaut ! :hail:

So far we have a full success :thumbup:

:hailprobe:

diogom

Reaction score
Me too:thumbup: At some point I'm going to model some interiors for my upcoming N1-L3 addon. Don't know how similar 7K and LOK are.

Spectacular launch, BTW.

Looking forward for that one too. Ever since I started to get into spaceflight, I've always been more attracted to the Russian side of it, so any addon of the Soviet/Russian space program is a must-have.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

http://www.federalspace.ru/main.php?id=2&nid=16189&lang=ru

Post lift-off article, though it's in russian, no english one yet.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Great launch.

I can't wait to see this Soyuz "flying about" the ISS - if you know what I mean! ;)

jimblah

Reaction score
They're all great!

I love space flight. I can admire just about anything that can leave the ground. :lol:

diogom

Reaction score
Docking is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6, at 7:18 p.m. EDT. For UTC times, if I'm not confused by these daylight saving changes :idk:, docking on Thursday, the 7th, at 00:18 a.m. , and 03:18 a.m. MSK.
All of this after a perfect "accurate to the seconds" launch. Russia, you've done it again! :thumbup:

This info was "calculated" from this article (can't find any info more detailed, and it's late now, school tomorrow :dry:):
http://spaceflightnow.com/station/exp27/110404preview.html

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Docking is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6, at 7:18 p.m. EDT. For UTC times, if I'm not confused by these daylight saving changes :idk:, docking on Thursday, the 7th, at 00:18 a.m. , and 03:18 a.m. MSK.
23:18 UTC

diogom

Reaction score
Thanks. I just can't get used to that. Once I get used to these time changes, they cut one hour backwards or forward, then to make it worse, I believe the US doesn't change it at the same time. And with Russia stopping to change time in Summer, it's gonna be pretty :rolleyes:.

:goodnight:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Here's calendar event for docking, and here you can request a reminder for that event, which will be sent via e-mail on selected time before the event.

SPACE.com:

Thanks. I just can't get used to that. Once I get used to these time changes, they cut one hour backwards or forward, then to make it worse, I believe the US doesn't change it at the same time. And with Russia stopping to change time in Summer, it's gonna be pretty :rolleyes:.
I use this if I'm not sure what time or timezone is somewhere, or when DST starts or ends there if ever:
http://www.timeanddate.com/

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
TV Roskosmos cannot be accused of editing the video in any particularly cinematic way.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
The launch video is available in 720p HD here. :thumbup:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Docking in about 2.5 hours.

Spaceflight Now's Expedition 27 Mission Status Center:
The Soyuz spacecraft carrying three new residents for the space station is scheduled for docking today at 7:18 p.m. EDT (2318 GMT).

The automated rendezvous sequence aboard the Russian-built crew transport capsule will begin about 4:58 p.m. EDT [20:58 UTC] to control the activities via autopilot.

The day's first key engine firing is planned for 5:20 p.m. [21:20 UTC] and another impulse is expected around 5:42 p.m. [21:42 UTC], followed within minutes by activation of the Kurs rendezvous equipment on both the Soyuz and space station to guide the linkup.

The two spacecraft should be within 60 miles of each other by 6:05 p.m. [22:05 UTC], closing to less than 10 miles by 6:30 p.m. [22:30 UTC]

The television camera on the nose of Soyuz will be turned on at 6:36 p.m. [22:36 UTC] to provide views of the docking.

A series of maneuvers between 6:43 and 6:51 p.m. [22:43-22:51 UTC] will dramatically slow the Soyuz's closure rate, ultimately leading to the spacecraft beginning a flyaround of the space station to align with the Poisk module's docking port.

After a stationkeeping hold by the Soyuz to ensure all is in readiness for docking, the spacecraft will commence final approach at 7:09 p.m. [23:09 UTC] for docking about 9 minutes later. Soyuz commander Alexander Samokutyaev will be standing by to take over manual flying of the spacecraft if required.

The linkup should occur at 7:18 p.m. EDT [23:18 UTC], shortly before an orbital sunset and two days and one hour after liftoff.

The hatch opening and welcoming ceremony aboard the station is expected around 10 p.m. EDT [02:00 UTC on Apr. 7th].

diogom

Reaction score
NASA TV will start live coverage at 22:45 UTC, 18:45 EDT.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

1.300m from the ISS. Approach speed is 6m/s

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

1km mark has been passed. Ap. speed is 2m/s. Unfortunately, at Loss of Signal. I hate those.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

300m.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Final approach begun. Alignment is good.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

35m

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Docking confirmed. :thumbup:

diogom

Reaction score
A nominal docking at 03:09 MSK, right before sunset. I'll upload some pics in the next mins.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

14o0wp.jpg

j5w5g3.jpg

Post docking conference in Korolev MCC upcoming.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Docking probe has been retracted, hooks are closed, hard mate!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/living/index.html

NASA's latest news. Post docking conference in 4min, the crew has opened the hatch between the SA (descent module) and BO (habitation module). (Not sure why it was closed)

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFRBax05-4E&feature=feedu"]YouTube - New Crew Members Welcomed to ISS[/ame]