Discussion Space: 1999 updates ?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Weapons section. Just eye candy. It was supposed to control the 5 laser batteries. But we are putting those it. No function.

WEAPONSSECTION4.jpg

I am getting about 8-10 FPS using D3D9 clinet, Ben is getting 15-20fps

Jax6213

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Modifying Eagle transport RCS for more thrust power

Hi all!
I'm wondering what program do I need to be able to modify the RCS on the Eagle transport to enable it to give forth more thrust, or a more powerful thrust? Currently the craft seems to lumber along and isn't all that maneuverable.

Thanks!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think I put the source code up on the OH. So you would need to recompile with your rcs setting?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You could either do that in code, but only for people willing to tinker with it, or add reading RCS settings from the configuration file (clbkSetClassCaps receives a FILEHANDLE to the vessel's configuration file) and update the released package, for all other.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. No clue how to add that. If you give an example I can make a new Eagle with that.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If you give an example I can make a new Eagle with that.

An example how to read the configuration file and set custom parameters set in there from clbkSetClassCaps is for example in this post (that's of course for particle stream specifications, but you can do RCS thrusters specifications similarly, with fewer parameters in string or with just a single integer or a float value in the configuration variable, i.e. by using oapiReadItem_int, oapiReadItem_float instead).

dradecki

Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before in this thread, but I have a newbie question. Is there a one stop shop to get all the 1999 stuff? Alpha moonbase, eagles, etc. Sorry if this is an obvious question.

Thank you.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I think I did this right but I get a CTD when I load the vessel

Code:
void EAGLEFUEL::clbkSetClassCaps (FILEHANDLE cfg)

{

char strbuffer [1024];
	if (oapiReadItem_string (cfg, "MAXRCSTH", strbuffer)) {
		//SRB_Exhaust_spec = srcsize srcrate v0 srcspread lifetime growthrate atmslowdown lmin lmax amin amax
		sscanf (strbuffer, "%lf ",
			&MAXRCSTH
			);
	}

//SRB_Contrail_spec = srcsize srcrate v0 srcspread lifetime growthrate //atmslowdown lmin lmax amin amax
		&MAXRCSTH

);
	}
cfg
MAXRCSTH = 500000

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Got the "old" Swift add-on from OH and did a little repaint.

120930213917swiftmain.jpg

120930213819swiftmain.jpg

Anyone interested?
I can do better if I change the mesh itself. Is anyone working on this craft? No point in duplicating work...

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Just for reference, that is the Swift model from Kev Shanow ([ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=325"]Swift Ver 2[/ame]).
I really like the way it handles and the RCS effect and ejectable crew cabin are nice.

Nevertheless I think interiors are indeed more important than a few tweaks to the outside look.

This is interesting because the Swift is controlled from an internal "Pilot Section" cockpit with no viewports....

I think I can do a nice VC for that. I was able to do an Apollo inspired CRT based VC....
But no promises regarding release dates, I will do it IF I have the time and it will be finished when it is :thumbup:.

For the crew cabin I think that we can simply reuse the Eagle VC, perhaps with some re-texturing/color changes.

Should we also have a Brian the Brain separate mesh?

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The vessel in some ways is more like the Ultraprobe. The cabin section is a lifeboat.

And I used attachment to hold them together. So if in the main part I place a camera where the pilot seat of the cabin part would be. So you could control the entire vessel with attached.

but you run into issues like the no windows. I suppose you could cut the center monitor out and use it as a window?

http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/models/w2mswiftint.html

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
Well, I got started on the interiors. I got a rough general layout of the Pilot Section. It's not 100% accurate to the series, but the general arrangement is there. I'll certainly move the center handles to the side, so that the pilot is seated in front of the screens. As it is, the arrangement is not practical.

27690063.jpg

I'll try to detail the main console panel and the 3 view screens. I'll set those up to have a MFD on each side and the HUD on the middle one. If the cabin is blocking the HUD outside view we simply move the VC mesh (and camera) down relative to exterior mesh :) It should work make things simpler that use camera MFD.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
looks great

Will there be 2 vessels? The main one and the cockpit/pod one? Ummu capable?

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website

Some small changes to the overall positioning and detailing of the main console. Textures are projected from screencaps. They will be cleaned on the final version.
15377555.jpg

I'll only add the VC to the existing spacecraft.dll Swift and update it to spacecraft3.
This way I can check if the mesh is OK and if the groups are well defined for the HUD and MFDs.
For the pod I'll reuse the Eagle VC with some re-texturing and slightly different window arrangement, so that you can see down.

If someone then wants to use the VCs for a "proper" custom .dll based spacecraft, go ahead :cheers:!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok. I think the cockpit is the pod area. There is no cockpit for the main vessel. That is why I struggled with this vessel.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Ok I think I did this right but I get a CTD when I load the vessel

Code:
void EAGLEFUEL::clbkSetClassCaps (FILEHANDLE cfg)

{

char strbuffer [1024];
		//SRB_Exhaust_spec = srcsize srcrate v0 srcspread lifetime growthrate atmslowdown lmin lmax amin amax
			&MAXRCSTH
			);
	}

//SRB_Contrail_spec = srcsize srcrate v0 srcspread lifetime growthrate //atmslowdown lmin lmax amin amax
		&MAXRCSTH

);
	}
cfg
MAXRCSTH = 500000

In reply to the PM I just got, what is declared type of MAXRCSTH?

If it's `int`, you shouldn't use "%lf" to read its value, as "%lf" is for reading value to a `double` variable.

Anyway, there are also `oapiReadItem_int` and `oapiReadItem_float`, which you should use in your case instead of the `oapiReadItem_string`, because you have to read only a single value from the configuration line, which is either of int or float type.