Space Engine – Free Universe Simulator

Keatah

Reaction score
SpaceEngine is really coming along nicely. It has become my main visualizer in my chillout lounge and alcove.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Space engine

Hi, Guys!

Now, I'm using the program called space engine which I know it is possible to do interstellar flight on for my epic space travels!

Cheers,
Vincent

Last edited:

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I'm now 33.586 AU or about 5,000,000,000 kilometers away from the sun and moving at the speed of 2,865 kilometers per second!

Cheers,
Vincent

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
That's not quite as impressive in SE, since you can pretty much move anywhere in the "Universe" at billions of times the speed of light.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, boogabooga!

In SE, you can fly the space craft the very much the same way as you would in orbiter if you are in the game mode which not possible to get up to billions of times of speed of light I don't think, but in camera mode yes it is possible to get up to billions of times of speed of light!

Cheers,
Vincent

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I'm now 82.930 AU away from the sun and moving at the speed of 33,835 kilometers per second! I'm flying from earth to Proxima Centauri or Alpha Centauri!

Cheers,
Vincent

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

A couple of days ago, I switched to the starship which is 1.816 kilometers or 5,956 feet in length in space engine then I start my epic space travel from the orbit earth, now I'm 68.600 AU or 10,262,560,000 kilometers away from the sun and moving at the speed of 78,620 kilometers per second! I'm using the very fast accelerating starship!

Cheers,
Vincent

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, Werdnaforever!

I was using a very fast accelerating starship to get to warp speeds quickly like I'll be up to speed of light in about 11 and a half days!

Cheers,
Vincent

Keatah

Reaction score
I think this space travel stuff should have its own thread. Or continue on with the original orbiter flight..

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, Keatah!

Now, I am using orbiter for Apollo space craft flight and I am using space engine for interstellar flight since it is possible to travel from one star to another in space engine which is not possible in orbiter and the graphics in space engine is amazingly realistic!

Cheers,
Vincent

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

In Space engine, I'm now 610 AU or 91,256,000,000 kilometers away from earth & I'm moving at the speed of 0.78 C or about 234,000 kilometers per second!

Cheers,
Vincent

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think you're just about as far away from the topic as you are away from earth :shifty:

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

Now I'm confused. I need some clarification here. I know this is the general off-topic forum which is the Brighton lounge. Where should I post my space travels in space engine on this forum? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

Keatah

Reaction score
I suggest one thread to contain these "space travel" comments. Or set up a blog. That's all you'll hear from me on this topic again.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

Now I'm confused. I need some clarification here. I know this is the general off-topic forum which is the Brighton lounge. Where should I post my space travels in space engine on this forum? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

Brighton Lounge is an "off topic" forum in that it is a catchall forum for threads whose topics don't fit elsewhere, but individual threads in Brighton Lounge still have topics, and making comments in a thread that don't fit with that thread's topic is still frowned upon.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Brighton Lounge is an "off topic" forum in that it is a catchall forum for threads whose topics don't fit elsewhere, but individual threads in Brighton Lounge still have topics, and making comments in a thread that don't fit with that thread's topic is still frowned upon.

Hi, Linguofreak!

That makes sense. Should I create a new thread on this forum called my space travels on my space engine program or should I post my space travels on my space engine program called Space engine - free universe simulator on this forum? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I like the blog idea. Why not start your own blog?

Blogs are where people tend to post their own personal experiences with the simulations.

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, boogabooga!

That is a great idea!! I never started a blog before. How do I start my own blog? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

MattBaker

Reaction score
At the top of the page under the banner you have lots of folders: Home, Articles, Blogs etc. Click Blogs. Now you see the user's blog posts and comments. On the left side you have statistics and under that an option menu with the options to view your blog and make a new post for your blog. Do the latter and you end up doing a blog post that people can see but that is totally independent from any thread.
You can post about your topics there without ever hijacking threads and leading them off-topic and with people interested reading them. They still have the option to comment on your post and you can answer them back in the comment section, your own personal thread without hijacking any other thread or subforum.